test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Request] Option to Increase Quest Difficulty at LvL 60

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Foundry
I want to ask a big request...

I was wondering if you guys could let level 60 players play Foundry quests on an Epic Level. Allowing this will help people come back to fight in the quests again and again to see how tough it gets at Epic Levels. Heck even letting it bumped up to where you can choose to play different Difficulty Tiers of the same Foundry quest when set to Epic Level difficulty.
For example when level 60 you would have these options

The Missing Merchants
The Missing Merchants Epic Level Tier 1
The Missing Merchants Epic Level Tier 2(requires gearscore of W or higher)
The Missing Merchants Epic Level Tier 3(requires gearscore of X or higher)
The Missing Merchants Epic Level Tier 4(requires gearscore of Y or higher)
The Missing Merchants Epic Level Tier 5(requires gearscore of Z or higher)

The Epic Level difficulty of the quest would also give Epic Rewards if the average quest time is longer than 20 minutes.

I believe this adds replayability to Foundry quests, it also allows Epic Loot without having to play the same Cryptic made delve.

I hope this gets considered to be added to the game.
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Epic Level difficulty of the quest would also give Epic Rewards if the average quest time is longer than 20 minutes.

I believe this is the biggest problem with your idea, and I don't think it will ever get implemented in that way. There's just WAY too much potential for exploits that would completely ruin the end game. Not that I know what way they would end up choosing though.
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like the idea of having the option to chose to make UGC harder at 60 but disagree with the gear score requirement and the epic rewards.

Why I disagree with the gear score requirement: I like to be challenged on my skill, not my gear. If I can complete a level 5 UGC quest in terrible gear, then I should be allowed to try.

Why I disagree with the Epic Rewards: Because the focus should be the challenge, not the gear.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    I believe this is the biggest problem with your idea, and I don't think it will ever get implemented in that way. There's just WAY too much potential for exploits that would completely ruin the end game. Not that I know what way they would end up choosing though.

The amount of time needed could be turned up, but as you know rewards are based off average time to beat the mission and time you spent in it with monster difficulty.
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I like the idea of having the option to chose to make UGC harder at 60 but disagree with the gear score requirement and the epic rewards.

Why I disagree with the gear score requirement: I like to be challenged on my skill, not my gear. If I can complete a level 5 UGC quest in terrible gear, then I should be allowed to try.

Why I disagree with the Epic Rewards: Because the focus should be the challenge, not the gear.

I only added the gearscore thing because Epic Level Dungeons will require it. Personally I hate gearscore I just tried to keep it in-line with how the game works.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I would really like to play quests at different epic difficulties

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]