test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to purchase HOTN but need detailed info on MENZOBERRANZAN RENEGADE

cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can PW please reveal the stats and ability? Is it unique or same as a regular drow? For $200 and the support to the game, i think we deserve to know exactly what we are paying for.
Post edited by cetra07 on

Comments

• soldolfinsoldolfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just interested in more info as well.
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211

Whether in the dark service of Lolth or under the banner of Neverwinter, drow are intelligent and have a natural talent for magic, such that even their foot soldiers can draw on the power of Darkfire. All drow characters have this power: Every time a drow attacks, there’s a chance it’ll debuff the target’s Defense.

In addition, drow do not sleep as humans do. Instead, they enter a trance for a few hours, disdaining the eight hours of unconsciousness humans need. In Neverwinter, this is reflected in the racial ability Trance, which allows all drow characters to recover faster at campfires.

In addition, because of their inborn grace and force of personality, all drow characters get +2 Dexterity and +2 Charisma.

Remember people Google is your friend...
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Can PW please reveal the stats and ability? Is it unique or same as a regular drow? For $200 and the support to the game, i think we deserve to know exactly what we are paying for.

This question has come up many times. There isn't any information I trust yet. Someone filled out a ticket to PW and was told essentially that the information would be available when open beta starts. One ability is Fairy Fire which is a debuff but there are no numbers given. The other is they recover faster at camp fires. Again no details. It's been written they get +2 dex and +2 cha but again no confirmation. Besides, other than human, the other races get +2 for a stat and a choice of +2 on one of two other stats. You can use the search forum feature for menzo... to see what has been written about it.
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have searched the forum and also read the drow preview article. But it seems there are many speculations between a menzo drow and a regular drow. I already got the guardian founder. Only the drow race and 5 days early access in HOTN interest me. I wish to know if the menzo is good for my main. oh well....
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    There isn't any functional difference between the regular drow and the renegade. They look different and they have Fairy Fire rather than Dark Fire. The difference between Fairy Fire and Dark Fire is the effect not functionally.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Menzo Drow also have the option for tattoos I think I read/heard somewhere.
    There is also the giant armored spider mount that only the ren Drow have access to. Which is one of the main reasons I became a Hero.
    :cool:
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    The only difference should be the access to a tattoo (which is the bandana I believe) and menzo-renegades get Fairy Fire instead of Darkfire.

Fairy Fire will be different than Darkfire but not more or less powerful. It'll just be different.
    I'm pretty sure they released what the specific differences are but I have no idea where they are located. In any case I promise you that's not the reason you should be buying the pack. The ability is different. Nothing more.

And in every other way except possibly some cosmetics the race will be the same as Vanilla Drow.
  • colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Menzo Drow also have the option for tattoos I think I read/heard somewhere.
    There is also the giant armored spider mount that only the ren Drow have access to. Which is one of the main reasons I became a Hero.
    :cool:

Any race can use the spider, you just need the HotN pack
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really? Well that gives a point of disapointment :(
    Oh well. Can't eat ALL the cake right :p
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)