test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Druids....

cordrin1cordrin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you guys think they'll add the druid class at some point? I've always been a fan of that class. Would really like to see it.
Post edited by cordrin1 on

Comments

• vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Would be cool, but it would be odd to see one coming into a city to assist them in continuing to build/rescue the city. Doesn't seem to go with their typical role in D&D to protect the natural environments.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    Would be cool, but it would be odd to see one coming into a city to assist them in continuing to build/rescue the city. Doesn't seem to go with their typical role in D&D to protect the natural environments.

Cheers!

Well you do need gardeners and groundskeepers!
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kat is fer fite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, there are nature skill nodes, so...maybe?
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think at some point they will have over 12ish classes to play and pick from.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont think the druid has time for adventures...he has to stay at home and look after his plants...
  • mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Well, there are nature skill nodes, so...maybe?

Yeah, they seem to stick out like a sore thumb, I figured they must be for the rangers that have been datamined.
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont think the druid has time for adventures...he has to stay at home and look after his Weed...

Fixed it for ya :-)
  • druid2009druid2009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont think the druid has time for adventures...he has to stay at home and look after his plants...

:( ....Not true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Telvashias-
    "The wind...It whispers a name. Come, let us hunt." -Unknown Pack.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    Based on what they've done so far, you can probably assume that:

For every class in the 4e Player's Handbooks 1, 2, 3, and Forgotten Realms Player's Handbook, you will eventually see at least one class in game. That class will be named for one of the two Suggested Builds, and will be thematically appropriate for that role.

Therefore, you'll eventually see either a Guardian Druid, a Predator Druid, or both. We can't predict which will be first yet, because it will depend on what roles they've been filling up to this point. Currently the game is a bit heavy on DPS and a bit light on Healers and Tanks, but that could be very different by the time Druids come.

We know the Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger are coming, and those are both likely to be DPS, so I'd imagine Guardian Druid would be coming before Predator, but if they do a couple of good Tanks first they could decide to go with Predator. Paladin is likely to be a Tank, for instance. One thing the game is missing is an avoidance Tank, which would be a natural fit for a Stone Fist Monk. (Never mind that they're Strikers in 4e; we'll never get all the builds if they're all strikers).

A Guardian Druid that is mostly Healer and a bit Tank would be a good counterpoint to a Protecting Paladin that is mostly Tank and part Healer.

So I'm going to go out on a partially-unjustified limb and predict we'll see a Guardian Druid before we see a Predator Druid. However, we could see both at once, as part of a content update that includes a wilderness story arc and zone(s).
  • franjean82franjean82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Considering that it's the Realms, I think it would be fun to see some of the classes introduced in the FR Player's Guide. Swordmage, for example, but that's just me selfishly wishing for my old 3E Sun Elf Bladesinger. :P

We're getting Ranger, apparently, and I'd like to see Druid. It would be nice to have another Controller class.
    Rogue.jpg

Player of Wilcomb Goodale
  • ardacardac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My current D&D character is a druid. It would be nice to see them put the druid in as a lower DPS then the wizard but more AOE CC I.E. entangle and spiked growth and higher single target heals then the cleric. With shapeshifting for DPS boost but lower control so they play like they do in 1.0 and 2.0 more of a support class then a shifter.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played a cleric and now i hate every bit of it. I want to play a **** support class that can actually support.
    If druid comes with a mechanic such as righteousness I will just ignore this game till the end of it's days. Just sayin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o