test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drider Mount

starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we get Drider Mounts for the game? If we already have playable drow in the game, then it makes sense to have Drider Mounts as well.
Post edited by starkaos on

Comments

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No drider mounts but we DO get giant armored spider mounts if you purchase the Hero of the North package ($200)
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its mostly a joke thread, but I am partially serious for wanting Drider Mounts. I know that only spider mounts are currently available
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A mount dedicated to and completely controlled by a goddess who wants to kill every player character? Sure! It could work! Mount it, have it turn on and kill you, then respawn next the the campfire and quest giver. Wait...that *could* actually work. One direction. I did use the death express quite often in neverdeath graveyard to get back to the campfire...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If there are good Drow, then there can be Good Driders. It will be a lot more fun to ride a Drider than most other mounts.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I know you said it's a joke but...

1) Driders and Drow aren't allies. Drow don't like Driders and treat them as outcasts.

2) Driders are intelligent and retain all cognitive functions and abilities they had as Drow before the transformation so this request is essentially the same thing as asking to ride around on an elf or an orc.

3) If you tried to ride a Drider it would eat you. They literally require blood to survive.
  • seraphimdoseraphimdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Drider mount, pshaw. Drider RACE. With Drider "speed" as the mount function. Check. Mate.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    seraphimdo wrote: »
    Drider mount, pshaw. Drider RACE. With Drider "speed" as the mount function. Check. Mate.

/agree

Ooooooo yeeeeeaaaah!
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    I know you said it's a joke but...

1) Driders and Drow aren't allies. Drow don't like Driders and treat them as outcasts.

That was true pre-4e. The 4e lore has Driders as the "blessed" of the Drow, and serving as their high priests. It's no longer considered a curse, but a reward for service to Lolth.

Not that this makes the OP's idea any more likely; it's like asking to ride the Pope. :)
  • richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    That was true pre-4e. The 4e lore has Driders as the "blessed" of the Drow, and serving as their high priests. It's no longer considered a curse, but a reward for service to Lolth.

Not that this makes the OP's idea any more likely; it's like asking to ride the Pope. :)

Oooh a pope mount! Can we have that in the game?
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How many different types of mounts are there?
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

i like to think of it as more of a change that happened after Lolth re emerged... pretty sure it was in one of those novels before 4e came out...
  • sodbobsodsodbobsod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i say why not. it would be cool to see that mount.
  • natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I think it'd be amusing to ride around on the shoulders of an Orc...
    mkemtf.jpg
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like this thread.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    How many different types of mounts are there?

Unknown for sure but theres lots if your talking about skins & models.
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Gnome mount ftw.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ogre or Lycanthrope for me!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For years (at least 2 years) I have raised a demand for a special mount.

Beholder.

To mount beholder one of its eye will shoot a beam and teleport you on its head.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    To mount beholder one of its eye will shoot a beam and teleport you on its head.

If you're serious about mounting a beholder, maybe you should try buying it dinner first. Maybe take it our to a movie, a little dancing perhaps to get the mood right?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wouldn't it be the same while mounting any mount? Why single out beholder?
  • colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    If you're serious about mounting a beholder, maybe you should try buying it dinner first. Maybe take it our to a movie, a little dancing perhaps to get the mood right?

Yes and a nice walk on the beach
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Beholder mounts? Bah old news. Its already been done.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/File:1195612405442.jpg