test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF, PvP, and Mastery Ability

frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So the Mastery ability for the Guarding Fighter is set as the “Mark” ability. You cannot change your mastery ability like a Wizard can. I know that the Wizard is the only class that can change that. My beef with this is that in PvP my Mastery ability is just about worthless. It has almost zero effect on player characters. So the Guardian is reduced to 4 abilities in PvP were as everyone else has 5, and the Wizard can change his out depending on the situation AND he/she gets an additional effect on the Mastery spell. So the Wizard will have 5 abilities and an added Mastery effect to his chosen Mastery spell and the GF will only have 4 abilities. We can say the same for all the other classes, but I don’t know if anyone else’s Mastery ability is worthless in PvP.

I believe all classes should be able to switch out their Mastery abilities. What do y'all think?
Post edited by frontsideblunt on

Comments

• zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No all classes should not be able to swap out thier Tab power. Being able to swap out there Tab power should be what makes the Wizard Special. The Tab for GWF, Rogue and Cleric are integral to the class. There are many ways to spec them, powers that boost them, and the powers themselves is really the reason to play those classes.

Plus think of a rogue swapping out Stealth for any other power just does not make sense to me.

Now on the point of the GF, yes many people agree the Tab power does not compare to the other classes. it has not occurred to me before that you could swap it out like a wizard can and I really like that idea.

But the real question is what should they be able to swap it out for and how should it work?
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Drop the mark system, change it to a single target pull on whatever cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well if there were other options, you wouldn't have to change it if you didn't want to. I wouldn't mind seeing another choice for the tab ability with the GF or all other players.
  • sixko1sixko1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    I dont think we should be able to change our tab power like the wizard can do, that is what makes that class unique.
    I do however agree that the GF tab power does not compare to the other classes and needs to be changed in some way to make it a usefull tool in both solo pve, group pve and pvp.
  • frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sixko1 wrote: »
    I dont think we should be able to change our tab power like the wizard can do, that is what makes that class unique.
    I do however agree that the GF tab power does not compare to the other classes and needs to be changed in some way to make it a usefull tool in both solo pve, group pve and pvp.

well maybe give every other class 2 options for the tab power while keeping the wizard how it is. That way the wizard stays "unique" and still give everyone else an option.
    With that being said, I still believe we should all be able to choose our tab power just like the wizard.
  • byoung1434byoung1434 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even use mark in pve. it just goes away if you take DMG from the target anyways.