test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting question and a thank you!

lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok the thank you is coming first! despite all the negative posts(by others) and the hair problem(everyone knows, hehe)..When I played the beta I was blown away I loved my cleric so much The founders packs are totally worth getting!! finally an action packed game with a healer!! So thank you for all the hard work every class video I have watched looked great!
(please don't turn clerics into dps focus like I saw some chat about in class forums,those people just want a pvp char who can self heal)

OK! my crafting question! it says we can set 'workers' per profession type to do tasks. Are these short timed tasks and will there be options later for longer tasks that can be set and done when a player logs off to sleep or goes to work/school?

Also curious what does leadership actually do? its the one I was thinking of going since I want to be a dungeon healer and that sounds like its for team play.
Post edited by lovelovehugs on

Comments

• erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Tasks require anywhere from 10 minutes to 18 hours to complete, all depends on the task. So yes, you can just set your workers to work on the longer tasks while you sleep.

Leadership gives you character experience, astral diamonds, items and crafting components for the other professions. It's not for team play.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    Tasks require anywhere from 10 minutes to 18 hours to complete, all depends on the task. So yes, you can just set your workers to work on the longer tasks while you sleep.

Leadership gives you character experience, astral diamonds, items and crafting components for the other professions. It's not for team play.

Might add that some tasks take up to 2 days to complete, at least that is the longest task I saw. Tasks are also modified by which assests you put into the task. For example the leadership asset - Hero, has a 50% faster workrate (not the same as 50% reduction in crafting time)
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ahh thanks for the quick replies!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leadership also lets you make supply boxes which give items.

So it is used for crafting "supplies" like leatherworking crafts armor.

Also it is a cool theme for evil drow with slaves, or evil necromancer or evil genius...
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ahh thanks for the quick replies!

Another thing, if they dont change the time it takes to craft. It will take you absolutely forever to craft anything worthwhile if you play everyday since your crafting level will have no way to keep up with your character level. If you dont know what crafting you want to focus on first (shouldnt do more then one to start since you are limited by your task slots) you should go with leadership since it doesnt need crafting materials that you have to gather from the world (at least not to in the beginning) and gives you money, experience, AD and rare crafting mats you can either save for when you start another profession or sell for even more AD on the auction house.