test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Switching Characters constantly sends us to Login screen

zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I did a search and didn't see this posted yet.

One thing that annoyed me was that the game sent us directly to the Login screen when selecting "LOG OUT" from the menu instead of back to the Character Select screen. Causing us to have to constantly type in our password.

Using "EXIT" seemed to work fine by completely exiting the client.

Not sure if this was intended specifically for Beta or not. Especially since it also seemed to replace my USER ID with a string of characters like "1#000E673200000"

May not be noticeable to someone who plays one character.
But I tend to switch characters often... especially at low levels and working on professions.

Just seemed odd. I have not played a game that required a password everytime we switch characters before.
"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
― R.A. Salvatore
Post edited by zurkhon on

Comments

• Options
    blacknesswithinblacknesswithin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with this whole heartily!
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ehm not to deny you, but when i was playing during CB and wanted to return to characters selection screen, i just waited those 15s of logout and i was always moved to my characters screen...didn't you?
  • Options
    grimorkingrimorkin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    ehm not to deny you, but when i was playing during CB and wanted to return to characters selection screen, i just waited those 15s of logout and i was always moved to my characters screen...didn't you?

I feel almost silly not having waited, now. Certainly, if you click the Exit Now button it dumps you back at the login screen as Zurkhon pointed out.

If waiting the 15s does put you back to the character screen, then that's something that should be made clearer, I think.
    Swordmage.jpg
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Interesting. :) For the rest of us, when we log out we are taken to a log-in screen, after waiting for the log out timer. My husband plays STO, sitting next to me, and he has a "switch characters" option. We just have "log out" or "exit." I always used "log out," and always had to type in my password to get back to my characters. Needs to be changed.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    well, considering that we played in CB so far and our accounts ID were not even our ID names but the ID codes, i assume that might get implemented wih OB or launch :/
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grimorkin wrote: »
    I feel almost silly not having waited, now. Certainly, if you click the Exit Now button it dumps you back at the login screen as Zurkhon pointed out.

If waiting the 15s does put you back to the character screen, then that's something that should be made clearer, I think.

I always waited out the timer, and it always sent me to the log-in screen.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In STO it took them... I think about 3 years to implement the change char button. And I think champions online still does not have this option.

Now since this feature is obviously part of the engine I think in about 1-2 years we will get it in nwo too ;)

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

No i always wait for the timer and everytime was sent back to the login screen.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Logout is working as intended. However, the definition used by MMO games would refer Logout to mean 'bring me to my character select screen'.

I too would love to see a Return to Character Select option (or have /logout do this).
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With the crafting system this would be very handy. It gets old having to log back in every time I want a character to start a new crafting task...
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Now that the game is (sort of) released, bumping this back to the top. Logging out to character select is still not available. :(
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a logout issue as well. When I log out to switch characters, it dumps me at the login screen, which may be intended. However it replaces my account name with my display name, forcing me to re-type it every time. If I try and log in with my display name, it prompts me to log in with my perfect world account (aka the account name).
    Reproduction on this is nearly 100%