test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deity

warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in The Library
What is the best Deity for a Control Wizard and Why? Between the ones we can choose ingame

Amaunator
Chauntea
Corellon
Kelemvor
Moradin
Oghma
Selune
Silvanus
Sune
Tempus
Torm
Post edited by warbr on

Comments

• nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oghma because he <3's knowledge
  • losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited April 2013
    does it make a difference? I dont know
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Sadly out of all the available gods, Only Corellon is a god of magic ( though technicly its Elven magic ). Sooo out of all of them if your a elf, corellon fits.. else Oghma seems the best just for the knowledge thing... personally i hate them all. Give me evil gods!
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mystra... nuff said
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    Mystra... nuff said

Well she is alive again... but they probably wont add her in until DnD comes out with a new edition saying she is ( probably after that Sundering event WotC is having to fix the 4e **** ups )
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I used to think it did not matter at ALL (and it still doesn't REALLY matter) but I ran a Foundry mission in Beta 4 where an NPC dialog option was only available if I were a worshiper of Selune. So apparently the game can tell which deity you chose and could theoretically use that information to grant different choices.

Of course that still doesn't say which is the 'best' deity for a given character. You might be playing a Foundry mission that has an option that would let a worshiper of Chauntea know something that the worshiper of Corellon would not know. They could even arrange it so that a worshiper of Chauntea could choose a given dialog option (that ONLY a worshiper of Chauntea could choose) and that choice would then make an NPC open a secret passage to allow that player-character to entirely by-pass a dangerous route that everyone who did NOT worship Chauntea has to take...
  • belaz50belaz50 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would hope that it would give you either different things when you invoked/prayed to your god or at least modify the chances of getting certain buffs or rewards. No idea if the system is that deep yet, but it could be something in the works.

More evil gods!
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since we're pited against the minions of the cool gods (Asmodeus, Lloth, Bane etc.), I guess Oghma is ok...
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Deities for arcanists:-

Scroll user:- Oghma (no magic, only knowledge)

Charm and radiant:- Selune (bardic and good magic)

Seasons(elemental):- Corellon (elemental magic)

Dark(death, vampiric):- Sseth. (evil)