test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One server/shard?

interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think I read somewhere that Cryptic will only have one "shard"?

Ouch. Considering the last two beta weekends I haven't been able to connect more than 2 minutes before getting kicked out, and even then its full action packed rubberbanding combat.... I figured the beta server is in Cali and one jump between here and there is causing me grief.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and there's an East Coast shard otherwise I pretty much threw $200 down the drain.

(my ping is sub-100ms, 0% packet loss to most of the US)
Post edited by interusdrakor on

Comments

• Options
    lordoffilinglordoffiling Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is the way of all Cryptic games to this point. One shard, many instances on each.

I do feel your pain, it really sucks when connectivity is an issue, but I hope they don't change it.

To date I have not had to ask any of my friends which server of Champions Online or Star Trek Online they play on, it's never a question, and that's been just fantastic. I really don't want to have my friends scatter to a bunch of different servers, and then I have to either make characters on all their servers and keep jumping back and forth or pick one and screw the rest or, you know, really no good choices there.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In the game Star Trek Online, which is also the game company Cryptic, just have the holodeck server like official server players. Then there are the servers Tribble, and Redshirt. I guess this will do the same, I guess the Dragon will be the holodeck server and create another server (if not already created) for testing, as the tribble server.

This is just a theory that round my head, after my experience with cryptic. Greetings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Odd, I could have sworn I saw them comment on this some months ago stating that there'd be different server types. I'll see if I can't find the post.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wardenm wrote: »
    Odd, I could have sworn I saw them comment on this some months ago stating that there'd be different server types. I'll see if I can't find the post.

It would be interesting to know more about how they will work with the servers, the issue of lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    loliamos wrote: »
    In the game Star Trek Online, which is also the game company Cryptic, just have the holodeck server like official server players. Then there are the servers Tribble, and Redshirt. I guess this will do the same, I guess the Dragon will be the holodeck server and create another server (if not already created) for testing, as the tribble server.

This is just a theory that round my head, after my experience with cryptic. Greetings!

Thats right, One normal server and one test server, but at launch the server will have lots of shards and will slowly go back together after launch.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Refund kk? That's gunna be fun.

Listen Kids, Check your connection to their SOLE SHARD before you plop down $200.