test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How bad is a halfing Cleric?

qryzelqryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey Guys,
I dabbled with a Dwarf Cleric, and I rolled a 20 for Wis, and didn't really look at other scores. I was wondering how big a deal +20 to Wisdom is? Also, Since you are considered a range class, Why does STR matter? I would think that would go off of DEX? Again, I only made it to lv 7 since I was trying all the classes, to see what I wanted to play.

Anyways, if I were to make a Halfling Cleric, I know he will be a non Min/Max, but will he suffer drastically compared to other Clerics?

I am thinking 18 WIS, 16 Con, and then what ever in the other stats. What do you guys think?

Thank you for your time & Suggestions.
Post edited by qryzel on

Comments

• erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    What is the math that makes you say Halflings are bad Clerics?

20 Wisdom is +13% healing efficiency and +10% damage done, plus other stuff I can't remember just now. Strength is important because it increases critical strike chance, and our heals can have a critical effect, which is better than stacking Power, a relatively weak stat.

Con doesn't matter to me, but to each their own. Agreed, more HP is nice to have, but so far everyone seems to have enough, and if not, the gear should solve the problem.
  • qryzelqryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No real Math, just that other races get bonuses to Wis, STR, or Both. And Halfling doesn't get any of those. Best I would do, Is a starting 18Wis, compared to others which start with a 20. And I did not know the value of STR for a ranged class, but if it affects Crit, I would definetly make it a priority then. But if it an easy fix with Gear. I will Definetly make a Halfling Cleric. Because I just really want to stand out! =D
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There's really nothing wrong with a halfling cleric. Charisma, Wisdom, and Strength are the only attributes that really matter to a cleric though.

Dex and Con are basically pointless and int gives a bonus to recharge speed, so it's not totally useless but Charisma gives the same and more.
  • qryzelqryzel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok. Thanks for the help guys! Now to come up with a clever name =D
  • krafenkrafen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 59
    edited April 2013
    Keep in mind it's two points of wisdom, not twenty. The impact of ability scores is minimal in Neverwinter.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling Clerics are terrible. They steal from the poor box.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    There's really nothing wrong with a halfling cleric. Charisma, Wisdom, and Strength are the only attributes that really matter to a cleric though.

Dex and Con are basically pointless and int gives a bonus to recharge speed, so it's not totally useless but Charisma gives the same and more.

Yep, you're better off going either STR for stamina+crit chance or CHA for encounter power recharge speed.
  • sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    steampunky wrote: »

-Rachel-

I lol'd... :)
    edited April 2013
    steampunky wrote: »

-Rachel-

that is Awesome. I think I will name him AltarBoy =D