test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North and Guardian Packs suggestion

erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought the guardian pack cause i didn't have 200 dollars to spend so far and i had a great experience during the CB. There is only 1 thing i wanna say: 200 dollars ain't just a little purchase, mostly for all players who ain't got a job (as for me i'm a university student). IMHO that price is a bit repressive for evey player who cannot achieve that amount, so i would give a bit more importance to guardian pack because 60 dollars is a worthly price for everyone. Perhaps giving 5 days headstart to guardians too? That would give hella more importance to the pack, seriously.
Post edited by erlucius on

Comments

• Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Like like, but I dont think they will give us such a gift:)
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    vardarasvardaras Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    so i would give a bit more importance to guardian pack because 60 dollars is a worthly price for everyone. Perhaps giving 5 days headstart to guardians too? That would give hella more importance to the pack, seriously.

+1: items earned with the 200 one will still make their "Heavy" difference between the 2 packs, regardless of the 5 day headstart. Would actually be nice to allow 60 pack to start 5 days before too
  • Options
    soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Three days Open Beta early access for Guardian of Neverwinter Pack purchasers - I don't find that to be horrible for 60 bucks spent.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Three days Open Beta early access for Guardian of Neverwinter Pack purchasers - I don't find that to be horrible for 60 bucks spent.

Tell this to every fan / player who would like to get the HotN pack but he /she can't do so. Considering this is a FTP game, i actually see no reason for it to be 3 and not 5. Premium Packs are made to create a CONTENT (items and feats, not time affections) difference between pay-players and not paying-players, and the content difference the packs is way too high. This headstart, or early access, is the same thing applied with GW2 aswell, with the difference that Hero of the North is giving 70+ more items content than guardian pack. Most af all, both packs are considered "Founders" so why the heck there should be time affection for founders? it's like there are true founders (HotN) and trolled founders (guardian). At least the only thing which should not be affected TBH is early access (remember this is F2P declared).
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm satisfied with a 3-day headstart. The players who invested more certainly deserve a more impressive headstart
  • Options
    valgavantevalgavante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    it's like there are true founders (HotN) and trolled founders (guardian)

You should not compare Guardian with HotN, but Guardian with normal players. As Guardian founder you have access privileges who others haven't. You have your reward.

If HotN has much more it's because this pack requires more money, simple is that. It's not trolling D: or thinking that you worth less. If i spend a lot of money in one project and you spend much less...it's obv. that i expect more results from my investment.

I know this Example is terrible, but i can't explain this in other ways 'cause of language barrier. i hope you understand my limits and get this post from what it is : an explanation without sarcasm, troll intent and stuff ^^
    65752563.jpg77219287.jpg
  • Options
    arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Although I can appreciate that you want to play sooner and unfortunately are unable to purchase the HoTN pack I still believe that you purchased something that was advertised at the time of purchase. You could have chose not to make such a purchase and then play on April 30th when the game becomes open to everyone.

I feel that there should be a difference between the HoTN, Guardian and starter packs. By your reasoning, why do they hot give a 3 days head start to the 20.00 pack because the guardian pack already has more stuff.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    11 days until this thread matters to nobody.

:p

But hey, don't feel bad for getting the guardian pack. 2 days isn't that big a deal. Personally I think those who only paid $60 got more for their money when it comes to the items of largest cost/value and how much less they paid.
  • Options
    crystalis20crystalis20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As much I'd like to get a 5 days head start instead of 3 I think they have it fairly set. HotN's paid a substantially more sum and 2 days really aint that much more for the 3 times more it cost.
  • Options
    kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I think it's entirely fair that HotN players get an extra two days over us on top of the other bonuses their pack came with, after all, they did spend more than twice what we did. That said, I was very, very mildly irked that the starter kit and the HotN pack both have bags of holding, and we get... a ring that makes us glow purple.
  • Options
    vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    As much I'd like to get a 5 days head start instead of 3 I think they have it fairly set. HotN's paid a substantially more sum and 2 days really aint that much more for the 3 times more it cost.

+1 this

HotN isn't any better than guardian and the 2 days difference just allows less lag in the starting areas same as Guardian users get 3 days over people who are strictly F2P. Its for the quality of everyone in the long run. But i suppose if they did change Guardian to 5days as well i'd like another bonus to both HotN + 20.00 pack buyers to compensate. Fairs fair.
  • Options
    stone19deltastone19delta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited April 2013
    5 days early! NOM NOM NOM!

P.S. why doesent my name say Hero of the north by it! i is HERO!
    stoneneverwinter_zpsadaf4b92.png
  • Options
    stone19deltastone19delta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited April 2013
    fixed it in settings
    stoneneverwinter_zpsadaf4b92.png
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think Hero's got screwed over enough as it is. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd easily buy the Guardian if it had the 5-day head start and the reason is that my friend bought the $200 pack but I can't afford that although I'd like to level together with my friends and not start two days after them when they will be a lot levels ahead of me.

This division is the only thing that makes me think twice about buying this pack, if I can't play with my friends there's no need for rush. I loved the $60 pack and want to buy it and would've bought already if not for that.

The bad thing on this difference of head start is to make friends play separately (some other friends of us probably won't even play the game for this issue).
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    I'd easily buy the Guardian if it had the 5-day head start and the reason is that my friend bought the $200 pack but I can't afford that although I'd like to level together with my friends and not start two days after them when they will be a lot levels ahead of me.

This division is the only thing that makes me think twice about buying this pack, if I can't play with my friends there's no need for rush. I loved the $60 pack and want to buy it and would've bought already if not for that.

The bad thing on this difference of head start is to make friends play separately (some other friends of us probably won't even play the game for this issue).

See if that friend can buy the HotN pack for you and you pay them back.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't make a debit I'm not sure I can pay soon.

I think what you get for the Guardian pack is fair, I just feel sad because it won't allow me to level together with my friends.
  • Options
    tractioncontroltractioncontrol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just curious if someone were to purchase the heroes of the north pack do you receive the guardians of the north unique items, mainly the mount and dire wolf companion on top of the rewards from heroes. It seems to me in order to get the full benefits from both packs you would have to purchase both since I can't find information anywhere that states you will recieve the benefots of lesser packages with in the cost of the higher priced package. I personally think if someone was willing to drop $200 that account should get the benefits of all lesser founders packages items included in higher cost founders package. If anyone can tell me any different I would appreciate the feedback. personally if the heroes package doesn't include the exclusive items from lesser packages I wouldn't even bother with any packages $200 is expensive enough without having to pay another $60 on top of the 200 to get all exclusive items.