test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is GF agro?

kazak4x4kazak4x4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I wasn't in beta4, but was in beta3. How is GF agro in beta4? Have they fixed the threat? Can clerics easily pull agro from GF? Any improvement at all?
Post edited by kazak4x4 on

Comments

• Options
    visidiousvisidious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kazak4x4 wrote: »
    I wasn't in beta4, but was in beta3. How is GF agro in beta4? Have they fixed the threat? Can clerics easily pull agro from GF? Any improvement at all?

I played GF for the whole BW4, I did not play GF for any prior beta weekends so I cannot compare back.

It seemed possible to do a reasonable job holding threat off party members, there were some fights where every mob stayed on me the entire time and others where it got a bit messy. It felt like it was possible with some basic MMO-101 game play from everyone.

I did find it was hard to take aggro from companion tanks which was more pronounced on bosses. The major impact of this is that they likely take more damage and thus soak up more healing and thus cause your healer to raise on the threat meter faster.
  • Options
    overd0goverd0g Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I only played my guardian to 22 but it was really hard to hold aggro especially when there was more than one Rogue or a tank Companion. I felt pretty useless in the dungeons even with all my skills and feats tricked out for aggro gain. I dont expect it to be easy mode and I appreciate the fact that they make it hard to keep aggro but please do something about the companion tank and give rogues more options to reduce aggro.
  • Options
    santos1978santos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    holding threat in bwe3 wasn't the issue it was DC threat that was broken. Just keep in mind that holding threat in this game isn't like others. Where you can spam an aoe attk in others while the grp aoes everything down. You will have to work at holding threat once you get more than one mob to the point where its a bit of a challenge. Not sure if they made changes to gf threat in bwe4 but I did read in the DC forums that they fixed healing threat. I will find out on the 30th I guess.
    elbansiggy_zps80b97275.png

HONOR - ABOVE - ALL - ELSE

VICE LORD
    KILLER BEE SANTOS
  • Options
    visnsgcvisnsgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Building threat at 50 is quite easy, once you are able to get threatening rush (at-will) plus the correct threat feats you will have ZERO issues with threat, however if there is a GF (NPC) Companion in your party then it will be frustrating. Pre-50/ threatening rush you will have a few minor issues as your damage/threat creation does not scale as fast as the other classes damage but far better than beta3.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Threat needs to be adjusted on the Cleric companion. My level 1 untrained Cleric could pull threat from me. hehe. But in normal instance groups it seemed pretty **** solid.

There is a major issue with companion cleric aggro. No matter how long I am beating on a mob or a boss I will lose aggro immediately when my Cleric companion releases a heal.

I lost count of the amount of times I ran over to res my companion during boss fights or normal quest hub areas. This happened all the way to level 50.

As for Mark, I can tell a major difference that was improved upon since closed beta 3. It at least works now. Mark lowers the targets resistance and you basically generate double threat. I want to stress that this is NOT a taunt and used as one. This is going to be your boss aggro magnet.

The skill is fine, although it could use a snap to make the boss or target turn to you. Just my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    GWF will not be able at anytime or point to pull threat as well as the GF. other then that the GWF now pulls threat at least 25% more then any other class. Also yes cleric threat has been fully fixed. cleric companions do not pull high threat regardless of what one of these posters said. it does not.
  • Options
    kazak4x4kazak4x4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GWF will not be able at anytime or point to pull threat as well as the GF. other then that the GWF now pulls threat at least 25% more then any other class. Also yes cleric threat has been fully fixed. cleric companions do not pull high threat regardless of what one of these posters said. it does not.

Wrong thread, this is a discussion about GF threat (especially around Clerics) and not GWF
  • Options
    teapotguruteapotguru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Minus the tank companion aggro, I thought threat was tweaked just about right.

Clerics would only pull mobs that haven't been taunted or hit by any other player....which I believe is the way it should be.

My GF felt more in control of fights - no 100% "neat" pulls or fights (as is intended I believe), but most of the time had threat on most or the important mobs. Of course, there will always be messy pulls/fights.

In regards to tank companions, I was able to peel threat back by using the aoe taunt + mark + a few crab n stabs. In larger pulls, I would leave the tank companions on their target, giving me a chance to seek other targets or quickly give me time to assess the fight. This, however wasn't always reliable, as the tank companions at times seem to swap targets randomly.

This is feedback up to level 35 which included several attempts of Lair of the Mad Dragon (got him down to 20% Y___Y). Overall I feel GF and threat are at a very good place at the moment. Shield meter seems to be pretty good too - takes a lot big hits or a couple of monster boss hits before breaking.
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kazak4x4 wrote: »
    Wrong thread, this is a discussion about GF threat (especially around Clerics) and not GWF

You are correct. I replied in general but I was thinking of GWF as the threads meaning.
    Hell the GF threat control and agro is great. works great and does not need more that's for sure. my GF I only got to 36th but I held agro most of the time and pretty easy.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    visnsgc wrote: »
    Building threat at 50 is quite easy, once you are able to get threatening rush (at-will) plus the correct threat feats you will have ZERO issues with threat

May I ask what at will ability you replaced for Threatening rush? I only got my GF to 38 but felt cleave and tide were irreplaceable.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    teapotguruteapotguru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When your block is up, hitting the right mouse button will do a faster version of Tide of Iron but only grants 5% revive to your shield meter. This attack is significantly faster and the damage is actually comparable, and the shield meter goes up quick enough.

I think Threatening Rush is a good replacement for Tide of Iron.
  • Options
    visnsgcvisnsgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    May I ask what at will ability you replaced for Threatening rush? I only got my GF to 38 but felt cleave and tide were irreplaceable.

I actually replaced cleave - I found that rush actually produced far more threat, then once you engaged just throw the shield up and stab and shield bash. I kept Tide of Iron for the Damage Resistance De-buff and sometimes you really need the ability to get your guard back up quickly.

Here were my encounters: Into The Fray, Iron Warrior, and Frontline Surge
    Dailies : Villain's Menace (for gain immunity to disabling effects) and Fighter's Recovery
    Class Abilities: Combat Superiority and Enhanced Mark (this was key for rush)
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found holding aggro was fairly easy. The times rogues pulled aggro usually was from charging ahead like an idiot and even then I could pull the mobs off by enforced threat.
  • Options
    aericcainaericcain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tend to agree, prior to level 35 and getting Threatening Rush agro for me was iffy. If I was first person in I could probably grab them all long enough for them to be killed, but it was always iffy. Since Threatening Rush the only real time I lose agro is to the Tanking companions, which I hate. I watch time and again as they just fall over dead on boss battles and really should be replaced with something that would help more for those particular situations =p.

I kept Cleave btw, I dont have to spam threatening rush to hold them, and cleave does pretty significant damage compared to Tide of Iron. And Ive never noticed enough difference in the damage debuff to warrent keeping it.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pre-35, your treat management will have issues.

35-60 it is much better and in most situations unless you are grossly out geared you should be able to hold threat.

T1 Dungeons - your in god mode here

T2 Dungeons and above - You quickly learn that treat generation and dps/healing scaling is not on the same level. Granted on trash you should still do your job (mostly) but things start falling apart. Boss fights you quickly learn that we are very broken.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me explain by broken... You cannot hold threat on a CW that goes all out in the 10k gear range. While you can pull threat you cannot manage it. You also learn that dodging Red areas is better than tanking. Actually in fights like the Pirate you cannot tank it or you heal the boss. Meaning you are force to go on add duty. Good luck holding threat on 50 mobs on a DC healing their butts off. You cannot... your better off benching your GF and going DC. They draw more threat, tank better, and heal all at the same time. Breaks my heart but that is the state of the GF atm.
  • Options
    protios14protios14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lvl 42 at the moment & the last 2 dungeons r exactly this. Shouldn't I be holding the boss at bay whilst the rest clean up the ads? I understand that u don't want the boss to go apesh!t & destroy everyone if I go down, but basically there is no point in tanking anything. I just use Into The Fray to give everyone a speed boost etc & then follow the DC around using Frontline Surge on their persuers to give them a chance to run away & use a heal.

Don't get me wrong, I love the class (love the shields & roman looking helm i just got ;] ) & let's be honest, it looks awesome when a mob uses a AoE which pushes everyone back & you are still standing there in their face smashing them! very kewl! But I feel like there is no point being there in the last couple of dungeons....
  • Options
    protios14protios14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just realised that came across as a complaint! not my intention lol
  • Options
    crozenfoxcrozenfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what is your suggestion of the best way to get maximum aggro in dungeon with a group ?
    I'm lvl 60 and it's really hard to aggro, mobs always rush after wizard, clerci and rogue :/
    There are some skill that doesn't aggro like the threatening rush... only enforced threat works well (for 5sec).
  • Options
    tymefortymefor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Let me explain by broken... You cannot hold threat on a CW that goes all out in the 10k gear range. While you can pull threat you cannot manage it. You also learn that dodging Red areas is better than tanking. Actually in fights like the Pirate you cannot tank it or you heal the boss. Meaning you are force to go on add duty. Good luck holding threat on 50 mobs on a DC healing their butts off. You cannot... your better off benching your GF and going DC. They draw more threat, tank better, and heal all at the same time. Breaks my heart but that is the state of the GF atm.

you probably need to look at your overall dps output. as Gf you can be top 1-2 in your grp, going that way instead of debuff master will help more with threat on large grps of mobs. that or change your strat on fights like that. just have the DC kite the mobs with hep from CW and TR smoke bombs.