test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric Power Trees

prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Temple
Can someone with beta access post the full power tree tiers? Thanks.
Post edited by prunetracy on

Comments

• frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its still a bit confusing, but made it through the skill point distribution, hopefully putting points in where I want/need them.

I will assume u want the spell tree?? as it appears, the paragon paths have not changed, that I have noticed.

as it stands, looks like u will either have a dps cleric, or healing cleric. trying to do both is going to be hard. If someone does not beat me to it, I will do my best to post them all up. Each level has abilities or bonus's.

Cleric appears to play dps wise, about the same as beta 3. have not been able to test the agro much. Game just started, people are respecing, and fewer people to dungeon delve with atm. It does however appear the companion dps has been upped. At least for my wolf and man at arms. They are doing more damage this time. Not sure if from a damage increase, or they are just hitting more or more often. Still looking into that. <my companions are bugged so not sure how much I will be able to do with these>

More to come !!!
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I'd like to get a list of what powers appear at each tier.
  • jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sad... So sad. The new skill tier system sucks horribly. Makes me not even want to play the cleric, my favorite class, anymore. Can't have the skills I want, forced to put points into skills I don't want to ever used, but forced to. It's just so horrible.

I rather have the old skill system back!
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yea, it's pretty terrible, IMO. Forced to put points into skills you'll probably never use, and the tree doesn't even differentiate between passives and actives, everything is just lumped together with it left to you to figure out what's what. And of course, at level 50, you still just barely get Astral Shield. New skill system sucks, at least for clerics...
  • jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    and the tree doesn't even differentiate between passives and actives, everything is just lumped together with it left to you to figure out what's what.

It does, if you look close enough. The skills are color coded. Green is At Will, Red is Encounter, Yellow is passive. And can't remember Daily, orange maybe. Whatever, it also says it when you highlight over it.

But yeah. The next tier will unlock with 3 skills. 2 ranks per skill, so a max of 6 points to put into it to max it... and you HAVE to use 5 to get to the next tier. 10 points to go from 20 to 30! Tiers unlocking with 2-3 skills in each at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 points. Didn't look too much after that.

But anyways, yeah. It's a 'choice' all right... Of which to unlock first. That is about it. And unlike the old system, as was pointed out by them, you'll be too short to unlock everything. So in the end, at lvl 60, you will be even weaker than with the old system!

Edit:

Oh, I might as well add. The 'rank 2' and 'rank 3' for skills? for 90% of them, it's just 10% more dmg for both ranks. So a skill at rank 3, just does 20% more dmg than at rank 1. That's it.
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jirodyne wrote: »

But anyways, yeah. It's a 'choice' all right... Of which to unlock first. That is about it. And unlike the old system, as was pointed out by them, you'll be too short to unlock everything. So in the end, at lvl 60, you will be even weaker than with the old system!

But you'll be able to choose what skills you're weak in!

... Heh... MMO logic if ever I've heard it.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm already level 50, so knew which skills I wanted to sink points in, but this new system is kind of a slap in the face for people trying out a new class. It's literally impossible to try out new skills without "wasting" a point on it. I have no idea why they thought this system is better. It's a step sideways, if not backwards.
    edited April 2013
    Here, for those unable to get in.

u6maf.jpg

3463ocj.jpg

fw3eo2.jpg

This is how the powers screen looks now. and the points needed to be spent to unlock the next tier and what is in each tier.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good news so far, cleric agro is much much better on healing. I do keep the passive Sooth active at rank 3 which helps a ton.

My cleric is level 46 and I can say I have almost all the spells that I need at rank 3. you really do not miss much with this system. Some of the cleric spells are redundant. So if u get one, u really don't need the other "version" when it comes to heals and damage.

You know the "power' spells from the previous betas. These haven't changed. and based on which feat points and paragons points u use, that elminates a few more spells, or at least, consolidates one or two that u want to use over the others.

requires a tad more thought, but in reality, it's what u were doing in previous betas, except u just didn't use the junk spells.

what did bite me, was the companion levels. They added those in with this beta. So the companions u buy with gold are maxed at level 15, where as the quest and Zen companions max out much higher.

keep this in mind when leveling companions during open beta. level 15 is max for the 2gold store bought companions AKA white companions. I have not broken out my cleric companion yet due to heal agro and self heals being much better this time around. I still occassionaly use a heal pot, but nothing like Beta 2 where I never did, or beta 3 where I chugged them like breathing.

hoping to hit 50 tomorrow. So far, I'm loving the cleric again !!!
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They at least added a ton of passives to swap out depending on your role or if solo/group

Will make leveling from 1 a major pain in the butt, and ya, a few places I dropped points ... but mainly on passives. By the time you buy your 3rd ranks and 2 dailies and 2nd At will you have filled up enough to not be handcuffed by it.

Powers do scale a little by level. Check the tooltip before and after.

I feel squishier this time through. Maybe its just Ebon Downs lol, but everything hits me hard.

500 pt non crits from regular zombies. Those add up pretty fast lol
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    They at least added a ton of passives to swap out depending on your role or if solo/group

I played for the first time last night. I had a blast. I didn't like putting points into skills I did not intend on using but it doesn't gimp me from spending points into what I wanted.

So back to the quote above. You have to slot the passives!? I thought the passives just automatically were applied to your character. You know...they were PASSIVE! So "Healer's Lore" and Sooth" only work when slotted?

Now I feel really stupid :(
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only 2 active at a time. Ya ... I got excited at first too lol.

They go by the Divinity icon.

Kinda cool you can build Div with healing via one of the new passives. A second stacking -threat too

Healing passive is much stronger now. I see a ton of pluses for Clerics with the changes.
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Cleric Power tree looks pretty good, thanks for posting that jirodyne.

Looks like they didn't mess with the order too much, although they've made the spread wider.

How does the self-healing feel?
    edited April 2013
    prunetracy wrote: »
    How does the self-healing feel?

I have no idea x.x I fell into the trap. I got curious and rolled a Trickster Rogue.

It... I.... Why would anyone play anything else?! I never dies, it kills everything in seconds. It's worse than I thought. What was once hard and thought out as a Cleric, is done in seconds with a few click from a Rogue. I see why people say the game is easy, it is for Trickster Rogues! from lvl 1 to 16 I have never used a single Health potion. At all. I kill things too fast!

I don't know if I can go back to being a Cleric now...
    edited April 2013
    I will upload some FRAPS and link them here to Youtube. DC can still kick some major butt. I honestly couldn't imaging another class rolling through stuff any faster.

Will leave that feedback to you :)
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    I will upload some FRAPS and link them here to Youtube.

Please do! I am happy with my cleric, but I wouldn't mind learning something (tactics, rotations, positioning,ect) from ya!
    edited April 2013
    Gah, I might put them up on Dropbox, YT is not working for me :(

Either says 26hr upload or 5 mins but never progresses. They are 1.5-3GB HD repacks though.
  • diothaighdiothaigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It amuses me that the devs misspelled Soothe :(