test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Straight up "credit card" a "second class citizen" payment option?

lordomedonlordomedon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Kinda disappointed to learn, as pretty much confirmed from the NW twitter account, that "credit card," just by itself, is not a viable payment option for the current Zen sale going on.

I truly hope that this is just a beta thing, and that spreading my financial info further across the internet, creating one more point of "a hack is a problem," isn't going to become a requirement to be on an "even keel" going forward, as it relates to offers and specials on the zen store.

"Credit card" is pretty much the original, universally supported internet payment medium, I honestly don't get the downgrade in "service." Is this normal for PWE?
Post edited by lordomedon on

Comments

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I juust bought some Zen using a credit card. Not sure what you mean.
  • lordomedonlordomedon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I juust bought some Zen using a credit card. Not sure what you mean.

There's a special currently in play for BONUS zen, and in the list of payment options that are eligible for the bonus zen, credit card is not included. You can buy zen with a CC, but you won't get the bonus of the special.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=864341
    *Please note that this Bonus ZEN sale is available ONLY for the following payment processors:

- PayPal
    - Skrill/Moneybookers
    - ClickandBuy
    - Google Checkout (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN)
    - Steam (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN)

When I asked on twitter about this, I got the following response from the NW twitter account:
    Many payment services allow you to use credit card as an option. Our Support Team can help you further
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I saw that too. I'm reporting that I bought zen, the special, using a credit card. I got the full amount that the special says on that page. Just saying.
  • lordomedonlordomedon Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    I saw that too. I'm reporting that I bought zen, the special, using a credit card. I got the full amount that the special says on that page. Just saying.

Well, that's good, guess I'll go buy some zen then! :)
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was using my CC however I had some cookie problems. Had to use Paypal, which the Zen was instantly applied to my account.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I spoke with our billing team about this. The Visa and Mastercard options are handled through Skrill/Moneybookers, and so get the 15% bonus ZEN.
  • ysacrwaysacrwa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordomedon wrote: »
    Kinda disappointed to learn, as pretty much confirmed from the NW twitter account, that "credit card," just by itself, is not a viable payment option for the current Zen sale going on.

I truly hope that this is just a beta thing, and that spreading my financial info further across the internet, creating one more point of "a hack is a problem," isn't going to become a requirement to be on an "even keel" going forward, as it relates to offers and specials on the zen store.

"Credit card" is pretty much the original, universally supported internet payment medium, I honestly don't get the downgrade in "service." Is this normal for PWE?

I don't under stand its downgrade service either. I am no connoisseur to give some advice but I think you need a financial advice for help. They could answer such financial queries of yours. Good luck!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    ysacrwa wrote: »
    I don't under stand its downgrade service either. I am no connoisseur to give some advice but I think you need a financial advice for help. They could answer such financial queries of yours. Good luck!

Read the post above yours, where a PWE employee (a community manager for another of their games) confirms that you in fact COULD use a credit card for this. The entire OP is based on a mistaken interpretation. Nothing to see here. :)