test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Glitch

thisisithisisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I started out playing a trickster rogue and when I first equipped the weapons my rogue started going in combat mode and there was nothing I could do to stop it. It was swinging daggers and moving all over the place. I re-logged to finally get it to stop. When I was killing mobs while doing quests, the combat glitch would happen all over again at random. I then made a control wizard and have gone through the same quests and have not run into that same type of glitch.

Has any one else experienced this? Maybe could it just be happening with close combat classes? Anyways, I sent in a bug report asap and hopefully it will be worked on before soft launch. It is definitely one of those bugs that severely impact game play.
Post edited by thisisi on

Comments

• allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My daughter is playing a TR and is having (sort of) the opposite. For her, every time the rest of the party engages in combat, she starts "dancing" in place and cannot join in. Understandably, it is pissing her off:(.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just something to consider: could it be a mouse button issue? I've not seen this problem nor heard of it before. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exit in-game, just throwing ideas out there. :)

Edit to add: do you have a joystick hooked-up? I sometimes get weird issues like you describe because my joystick gets bumped and goes out of whack and such. Just trying to help you troubleshoot! :)
  • ruslynruslyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    May be a related issue, but my mouse-buttons will quit working, right in the middle of combat. Only way to get them to function again is to hit the escape-key, and return to game, then they're functioning again.

I have had a couple of situations though where all of a sudden I'll go into combat for no reason, just when I'm trying to avoid it... so it happens at very inopportune times.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Just something to consider: could it be a mouse button issue? I've not seen this problem nor heard of it before. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exit in-game, just throwing ideas out there. :)

Edit to add: do you have a joystick hooked-up? I sometimes get weird issues like you describe because my joystick gets bumped and goes out of whack and such. Just trying to help you troubleshoot! :)

In our case, no. She is using a laptop with a wireless mouse, and was able to play fine during the other BWs and plays fine on TERA which appears to be the same "engine", as well as plenty of other MMOs and games. This is definitely a game issue, not a operator error issue;).