test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nest Egg quest, et.al.

ruslynruslyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This is a general observation, first, that this 4th Beta I am seeing quite a few quest bugs that I had not seen before.
Not sure why this 4th is so buggy, but it's bad enough as though it was an Alpha test.

The Nest Egg quest, and a couple of the Nasher quests, have had vanishing mobs, including the boss, that has resulted in my being stuck after quest completion in the final boss room, with no way to escape, and no way to collect the reward.

Mobs will just poof during combat, including bosses.

Also, items to be recovered will be unrecoverable. Specific example is in this Nest Egg quest, for scroll recovery in the secondary Finder's Fee quest. I will be in a room after I've cleared the Kobolds out completely. When I approach the scroll to pick up, I automatically go into a combat-mode, preventing me from being able to pick up the scroll.

Just a passing remark now. I've beta-tested many games, going back to the original EQ, and I've never seen a game go backwards with becoming more buggy on the fundamentals, as the betas progress.
The current condition of the game in my opinion, based on these bugs, is that it is not ready for open-beta release.
Post edited by ruslyn on

Comments

• ruslynruslyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ADDENDUM... 2nd time through this quest. Wyrmpriest Leader vanished again, right after a couple of hits.
    I have a screenshot showing his health bar, at half... I'm in the room... he's not there, and I'm not in combat-mode.
    But... his health-bar shows as though we are in combat.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    In this quest also. Some of the scrolls will not allow pick up, even though they are "active" and one of the chests was only available to one person (no respawn).
  • txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any named mob that you need to kill as part of a quest in an instance will despawn if it loses LOS to you after first seeing you. This happens in all quests, not just Nest Egg

Also, the NPC that's supposed to help you in the first Black Lake quest where this happensa lot ("Chasing the Crown" or something like that) used to become an ally for that instance, but now gets trapped in an endless loop of respawning as the version you have to talk to every time you try to pick the option to activate it. This seems to be the cause of the three nashers who run into the second room despawning as soon as you kill the first one.
    Waiting for paladins...