test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No audio and character half cutoff during creation.

john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have no audio unless I use a headset, the latest realtech audio driver and just standard speakers hooked up with the green cable, when I go into the game audio settings for speakers it lists non detected (unless my headset is hooked up).

Also on the character creation screen to tweek his look he is half cut off of the screen? Makes it real hard to make a character. Tried to change screen resolution and this made no difference.
Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
Post edited by john242424 on

Comments

• kellishortilkellishortil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am running at 2560 x 1440 and have the same issue but if I lower my settings I no longer have the issue so I am thinking that there is still no support for Higher resolutions for Character Creation. Not sure if your issue is the same but thought I would mention it.

If this issue is still present at release I will change my settings to create a character I want my permanent character to look good so it does matter to me :-)
  • deerforestdeerforest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    I have no audio unless I use a headset, the latest realtech audio driver and just standard speakers hooked up with the green cable, when I go into the game audio settings for speakers it lists non detected (unless my headset is hooked up).

Also on the character creation screen to tweek his look he is half cut off of the screen? Makes it real hard to make a character. Tried to change screen resolution and this made no difference.

I am having the exact same problem. Real Tech sound card is not working with the game. It also does not show up in the volume sound mixer. I am using my Triton Pro Head set so I can get sound and I see they are also discovered by the Game. Real Tech says "Unknown" in the pull down menu of audio in the settings. I have restarted the computer, restarted the game many times and the real tech speakers are updated and have no problem with anything else. Please fix this because I do not want to be forced to wear a head set all the time when I play the Game.
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just bumping this because the sound issue is still present and my headset is really uncomfortable. I figured out the character issue though, you need to turn down the ui in the settings, if you have it to big this happens. Just turn it back once your done creating a character if you want the ui bigger.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    I use a headset and sometimes the sound just disappears, which is weird. Also have a Realtech built-in audiocard
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • motodew67motodew67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Same exact issue with Realtek HD audio. Works fine in all other games/programs, have newest drivers. "Unkown" device on character creation screen, once in game there is a selection for my speakers, but sound does not work. A pair of USB headphones will work but they are extremely uncomfortable. This is becoming a gamebreaker for me and I really want to play Neverwinter. I even bought Guardian of the North. Please fix this.
  • laserdragon1138laserdragon1138 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I GOT MINE TO WORK FINALLY!!!!!

I had the same issues as everyone else here, this is what I did

I uninstalled my Realtek drivers completely, rebooted my PC and let windows detect and install its own default drivers and the sound magically worked!!

Repeat I DID NOT REINSTALL any realtek drivers manually, the game still says my output device is "unknown" but oh well I dont care it works now.

Hopefully others will have success as well so give it a try