test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Immediate crash after clicking "Play"

psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
There isnt much to say about this, topic covers it all. Was wondering if anyone else was getting this.
Basically, I log in, play button comes up. I click play, the cryptic logo pops up, and the game immediately crashes back to desktop.
Is there any workaround to this? BWE3 worked fine..
Post edited by psiwuff on

Comments

• Options
    malagriinamalagriina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i am getting this as well. after i hit play it goes full screen with cryptic logo, goes through a loading bar then up comes the neverwinter logo and then every single time, it crashes. cant do **** after that, tried patching re installing and nothing.
    Never lie when the truth is more profitable
  • Options
    formula94formula94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here, crash after clicking play... It started after I crashed in-game.
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing here...
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here I've played in Every beta weekend first time I've seen a problem Cryptic Logo pops up a loading bar then a brief pop up about the patching server then goes down. Funny thing is everytime I try to submit the bug report that pops up after that it shuts down before I can type 2 words lol.
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malagriina wrote: »
    i am getting this as well. after i hit play it goes full screen with cryptic logo, goes through a loading bar then up comes the neverwinter logo and then every single time, it crashes. cant do **** after that, tried patching re installing and nothing.

How did you get that "Hero of the North" title to show above your avatar?
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Solution found! :D

When i logged back in, it prompted me to verify all files. it downloaded some and now I'm on the char select screen. going to try playing now, see if everything works fine again.
  • Options
    daventry23daventry23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Same thing, I either crash after hitting Play or I get in game and crash shortly after doing anything... crashed about 10 times now.
    Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent.
    H. P. Lovecraft
  • Options
    malagriinamalagriina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    How did you get that "Hero of the North" title to show above your avatar?

User CP -> permission groups
    Never lie when the truth is more profitable
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    malagriina wrote: »
    User CP -> permission groups

I found User CP, but not the permission groups section..
  • Options
    bloodwolf82bloodwolf82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I crashed in game and after that having the insta crash as well. trying to verify all files now to see if that fixes the problem
  • Options
    mithoronettemithoronette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem here...if I do get in, it crashes shortly thereafter...
  • Options
    bloodwolf82bloodwolf82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    I found User CP, but not the permission groups section..

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups see if that link works for u
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did the same thing and was still crashing after having it scan again. Try setting it to run in admin mode and it seems to fix the issue... unless they did something on the back end to fix it already.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Found it. For some reason I can post under my name, but it wasn't registering me as online. So I logged in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    after doing the prompted file scan it is working for me
  • Options
    oskiweeoskiwee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am getting same as everyone else, I log in the poof there she goes off my screen and nada.
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ive been playin since beta start, 5 minutes ago i bought 3 special items from a headhunter vendor, opened them and the game crashed. a window opened where i could send a report what i was doin before crash, but the window closes too fast.

after that i started nwn again. after entering my password a window opens, there an error ingame detected, do you want to check all data? this can take 10-20 minutes [yes] [no]... ive tried every option it crashes again and again...

choosin yes it says executing patch but nothing gets downloaded. after 2 mins of waiting i can hit button play and ... and ...

im ingame again... ! ill post anyway.
  • Options
    ben82082ben82082 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having the same error, but neither the file scan nor running the game as administrator seem to help. Am I the only one still crashing like this?
  • Options
    formula94formula94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm running again. Cleared the game cache, restarted client, clicked patch and now I'm in...

Who knows...