test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder pack worth it?

omegaflareomegaflare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it worth getting $199.99 Hero of the North founder pack?
Post edited by omegaflare on

Comments

• Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it is just for the 2 mil zen. Don't get me wrong I love everything I'm getting in the pack. Oh yea, you get free stuff for so many PW games too.
  • Options
    venidvenid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I keep asking myself if i want to do it I'm very much on the fence.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought both packs and I do not regret it one bit. I would certainly advise anyone that is going to play this game for a year or two take the plunge.
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited April 2013
    Yes.

("This is like deja vu all over again." - Yogi Berra)
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    I also bought both packs (actually I got the $20 too because my OCD got the best of me). You have to decide for yourself if it's worth it. You'll find a lot of threads bashing the usefulness/value of the pack, but you need to take a look at what you get and decide if it is worth the money to you. You won't find many threads praising the packs, because happy people don't complain ^_^ We just interject in each of these threads and make sure you get both sides of the story.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I shopped around for armored spider mounts. This was the cheapest I could find.
  • Options
    interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since buying the Hero of the North founders pack my girlfriend tells me I have newfound confidence- which translates into other activities, if you know what I mean. My boss has appreciated the extra spring in my step and the extra 2 mil in sales I've brought in, netting me a hefty raise (which I plan on using to buy more zen). Overall though, the sun shines brighter, nothing seems to ever be wrong, and everyone seems to like me better. I can't complain.
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    Since buying the Hero of the North founders pack my girlfriend tells me I have newfound confidence- which translates into other activities, if you know what I mean. My boss has appreciated the extra spring in my step and the extra 2 mil in sales I've brought in, netting me a hefty raise (which I plan on using to buy more zen). Overall though, the sun shines brighter, nothing seems to ever be wrong, and everyone seems to like me better. I can't complain.
    Well then....we were obviously sold two different packs. Might I have some of yours? :p
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have played all the betas, I love all the changes that they have made, love all the classes, love the gameplay. Yes, in my opinion the Founders Pack is 100% worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    <_< >_> anyone else notice that on the front page has "founder pack: new items just added!" and an increase from 500 to 700 dollar value to HOTN.

I say this because if they actually add anything even close to that value i'd be shocked but secondly if they add something else it may tip the scales from being worth it to must purchase ASAP. (note: this could be a marketing ploy to get people to check the page out and see if theirs anything new when their really isn't from last beta weekends model and with a price increase to make it seem like "BETTER VALUE" when their really isn't)

Regardless i would say get it if you can afford it, like the items offered, and or want to support the devs and or want a crazy head start on Astral Diamonds. But as of now not knowing if they'll add more or not i would say it is deffinately not a MUST buy.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    I'd get one if I could afford it. Guess I'm grateful just to be playing the game. Thanks to everyone who bought a Founder's pack - funding the game is good.

If you can afford one and you want it, and you've already tried the game and you like it, go for it. Impulse buying is one of life's great pleasures.
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you have to buy the 200 dollar pack for this weekend beta? Or can you just buy the 20 dollar one?
  • Options
    emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    I just bought the "Guardian pack! yesterday :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Do you have to buy the 200 dollar pack for this weekend beta? Or can you just buy the 20 dollar one?
    You'll need either the $60 pack or the $200 pack for beta access.
  • Options
    ecl1psezdelta9ecl1psezdelta9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    It's all about whether it's worth it to you, but I'm happy with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Well the Guardian pack worth it for anyone who going to buy a lvl 3 mount and a companion from the Zen store as that alone will cost you $50 to $60 (depending on companion) everything else in the pack is a free bonus really.

The HotN pack is more questionable as to if it worth it or not.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    I asked myself if i want a horse and a spikey wolf. Then i decided no and will get another companion from store instead.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    vampero wrote: »
    I think it is just for the 2 mil zen. Don't get me wrong I love everything I'm getting in the pack. Oh yea, you get free stuff for so many PW games too.

Doesn't contain 2 million Zen. That would be $20,000 worth of Zen. :)

2 million Astral Diamonds. That represents an unknown and fluctuating dollar value, which will likely be constrained to between $40 and $400 worth.