test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Save clercs healing

bachus1234bachus1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
edited April 2013 in The Temple
Incan understand that Cleric solo healing was deemed to strong.. And that they planned to get it to 50% for solo PvE.

But in group dungeons cleric selfhealing needs to be on par with a cleric healing others.. So i would suggest a cleric selfhealing rate of 50 % + 12,5%/party member.

In PvP the same thing brings some other problems, in pvp clerics are often the first target, they need defense, and a clerics defense is their healing, giving clercs subpar healing in PvP makes them target number one without selfdefense..
In PvP Clerics need to be rewarded for keeping their team including themselves alive, a good mechanic would be that their heals loose 20% power for every teammember that dies... This would add a lot more depth to the combat system

And about clerics rezzing? Yes Clerics need a rezz, but not one that occupies a skillslot, there are allready to few skillslots. No, make our Cleric rezzin such a way that it requires clicking on the death boddy and then showing a resurection annimation.
Post edited by bachus1234 on

Comments

• Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Based on the design of the cleric, no matter what they do in the short term, the cleric will be considered OP in one way or another. I'm betting they go with making the cleric under powered, and proceed from there, as seen by the "adjustments" they are making. Only time will tell, I just hope they realize u can't satisfy it on all fronts. Trying to adjust damage with healing is going to be a nightmare based on game design. Wish them luck and many sleepless nights.

As for rez, I think it's just fine. There is no death penalty and adds a nice dynamic to the game. In a sense, you could say in group play, it's the clerics job to run over and help the fallen comrade. Of course this won't happen if they keep beta 3 "adjustments" but does add a nice group dynamic having your comrade being able to be "rezzed" by anyone.

And they added the campfires just so u don't have to run alllllll the way from zone in.

if they have to add a rez, it could easily be added to a divinity skill set, limiting it's use, and making it be a strategic decision. Maybe even go so far as "Emptying" the DC bar. you get your rez, but costs the cleric something also. Will not be overly OP, and yet penalize terrible groups who need tons of rezzes, but add a quick rez in an "oops" situation..

just my $.02
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    well it was actually miscalculated because many of us players last patch discovered that it wasn't 50% but indeed 75% reduction to self healing.

Also, fixing threat should keep us from needing healing as much as the tank because we won't be aggroing everything in the dungeon instantly. They were a little too zealous with the threat problems the cleric has.

So here's my thing. Do what you are suggesting, giving us a self heal when we heal a party member, improved because we are healing another being. Reduce the threat we generate from healing by 75%. Fix the base healing we give ourselves to 50%. and make it so that when we use tiny spells like word of healing or the at-wills we are able to move around. This holding me in place thing for cantrips is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    xbotzxbotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    Whatever they do, they really need to get the cleric right. Its a popular class and a large portion of the population(read me)are looking forward to playing it. I would feel quite useless if i am to be out performed by a stupid potion...

i have great faith that it will all be sorted out prior to launch. until then, no worries;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    cleric is perfect . does not need more healing at all.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    cleric is perfect . does not need more healing at all.

What level did you get to roninthehood? Around level 30 or so the healing tapers off and doesn't scale with the hitpoints (IMO) Gets worse at 40-50

Thanks
    WOLF
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Clerics do not get a rez in 4th edition.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Clerics do not get a rez in 4th edition.

Which actually is good... I allready have to few powers, having to save one encounter power for a rezz would ruin the cleric combat even further.

If they ever add rezzes, make them through targetting the corpse and using a popup action on that corpse...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    What level did you get to roninthehood? Around level 30 or so the healing tapers off and doesn't scale with the hitpoints (IMO) Gets worse at 40-50

Thanks
    WOLF

Nice to know, so they obviiusly nerfed clerics healing based on low level pvp feedback.. How smart can you be...
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Lol that's a pretty huge assumption. Devs almost always balance for level cap, since that is what most people will be spending the largest portion of their careers at.

Cleric heals and damage reduction is very huge at the top, especially if you go Divinity for paragon feats. They get 10% damage reduction just as a passive lol, not to mention Astral shield L2 and regular ar/def bonuses.

They work off all their CB data. Clerics in W2 were far too untouchable in every sense.
  • Options
    msakashamsakasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last time I played a cleric they were a band-aid on a gushing wound 55+. I haven't seen much changed other than the PvP problems with killing them went down. We went from healing while buffing and dealing damage to a full on green bar watching class spamming healing rotations as the team still slowly died unable to keep up with the incoming damage of 60 dungeons only slow it down.

I don't find that acceptable, I'd like to do much more than watch bars and I'd like to comfortably be able to heal while watching the action that's going on around me specially with random spawn adds melting non fighters.
  • Options
    malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The biggest mistake any MMO can make is trying to balance PvP by making PvE affected changes.
  • Options
    aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malvolio11 wrote: »
    The biggest mistake any MMO can make is trying to balance PvP by making PvE affected changes.

Don't worry. Cryptic is not known for its pvp focus. Also it seems to me that the cleric is only designed and balanced for pve. A self healing reduction in a pvp team game is joke. The enemy will focus the cleric and he will die. In pve your GF can tank and hold aggro, so you do not have to heal yourself as much as a cleric. So the selfheal only is important when you are solo. And I suppose it was mainly designed for that.
    Also the clerics healing is meant for sustain, not burst. If someone fails to dodge he has to use a pot. A GF wont block all dmg so the cleric is meant to heal the little bit that gets through and heal minor injuries from adds. That is a nightmare in pvp. You will deal with focus targets and huge burst dmg. A cleric can't do anything about that. So you probably need cc, pots and you have to kite/dodge. Against any enemy who has a little bit of coordination, or a brain, a cleric seems rather useless in pvp. He is just a weaker wizard.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chains, Sunburst and Astral Shield are quite good for control and support. Easy to keep someone out of melee range anyways with the Div-Sunburst then lock em down with chains, then sunburst is back up lol.

Cleric is about mitigation more than healing too. Temp HP and barriers are like burst heals, just reactive in nature :P

I don't agree though with nerfing Cleric heals in PvP due to 'potion usage concerns by the devs' . That is wrong on a few levels.
  • Options
    sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree, fixing threat would make a huge difference in how potent my self heals need to be. Even a FADE skill would be nice to drop threat all together temporarily like they have in 'that other game'.