test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HoTN items after launch

grizzlore504grizzlore504 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How many of the HoTN items will be available as a cash shop item after launch?

Will the spider mount be sold in the cash shop at a future date?

Will everything be eventually sold at the cash shop except the menzo renegade skin?
Post edited by grizzlore504 on

Comments

• foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Have no worry...

All the STO 'Lifetime' items were for sale 6 months after everyone bought one with the 'Exclusive' items. So you can be sure that PW's greed will have ALL of them in the cash shop eventually.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Except the borg race.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    The thing is from what happened in STO. What I expect will happen is this the big HotN items that is panther, armoured spider, gold moon stone mask and Renegade will remain exclusive to the HotN pack, its the other stuff that might be sold separately but some how I doubt it.
    As everything STO that was exclusive to the lifetime sub is still exclusive to the lifetime sub. As such I would expect it to be the case here.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am expecting the HotN items to be reskinned and sold in the cash shop. Like a spider mount that isnt armored or have a different color on its armor. That way the HotN spider is still unique.
  • deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    So you can be sure that PW's greed...

YEAH! Those **** greedy companies what they do is take our beloved IPs and use them to make absolutely free games for us to play! why i am so mad i coul.... err wait. hold on a second...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deads6667 wrote: »
    YEAH! Those **** greedy companies what they do is take our beloved IPs and use them to make absolutely free games for us to play! why i am so mad i coul.... err wait. hold on a second...

LOL Precisely!

I expect the Menzoberranzan Drow and Companion to remain permanently exclusive. The rest will be available in the Z-Store eventually. That's pretty much already been announced. If I could find the thread I would, but it's been a month or two since that has been made clear.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    ^ The mount model as well angry as it is exclusive/unique to the pack.
  • deathtrap82deathtrap82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe that exact model of mount will be exclusive, but I'm sure there will be others added to the shop.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe that exact model of mount will be exclusive, but I'm sure there will be others added to the shop.
    leaked data shows there will most likely be other spider mounts
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I just want to point out exclusives in Founder's Packs which were re-released in previous Cryptic titles were done so under Atari marketing.

I have been personally assured by Dezstravous (Sp? Sorry Dez!) that all exclusive items will remain exclusive items forever.
    You can choose to trust it or choose to believe the past will repeat itself. I only offer what myself and the community have been told.

Other than that I am not sure what specifically will carry through into Open Beta. I only know that some (if not all) of the Founder's Packs Exclusives may be removed after April 30.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    [/QUOTE]Other than that I am not sure what specifically will carry through into Open Beta. I only know that some (if not all) of the Founder's Packs Exclusives may be removed after April 30.[/QUOTE]

Like we wont get some of the stuff we bought in our packs or just the people who did not buy packs? I'd be pissed if I paid 60$ and only got half of what I paid for.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Oh, no! You will get everything in the packs as they are listed now if you purchase(d) before April 30!

However the packs, as they exist now, will be modified after April 30. The current packs will be retired.
    Sadly details on what will change are yet to be announced though.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Oh, no! You will get everything in the packs as they are listed now if you purchase(d) before April 30!

However the packs, as they exist now, will be modified after April 30. The current packs will be retired.
    Sadly details on what will change are yet to be announced though.
    OH ok then im good lol
  • grizzlore504grizzlore504 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is the armored spider mount considered a HoTN exclusive item?
    edited April 2013
    Unlock exclusive access to the giant
    ARMORED SPIDER MOUNT!
    Terrorize your foes as you charge into battle atop this eight-legged beast.

It is indeed.
    However the packs are changing but we don't know how. Obviously the early access is going to be removed but it's possible that some of the exclusives will still be available for purchase in the updated packs. We don't know any details yet.
  • wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    It'll be interesting to see how the packs change after the 30th. I wonder if they'll keep the current exclusives or change them entirely. I can't imagine that many people willing to drop down another 200 dollars for a whole new pack, but a new 60 dollar one might be feasible, or access to a special vendor in game that has its stock of exclusives updated whenever there's a major patch/expansion...
  • horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wardenm wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the packs change after the 30th. I wonder if they'll keep the current exclusives or change them entirely. I can't imagine that many people willing to drop down another 200 dollars for a whole new pack, but a new 60 dollar one might be feasible, or access to a special vendor in game that has its stock of exclusives updated whenever there's a major patch/expansion...
    True that. I almost bought the HotN pack, but seeing I dont know for how long I will be playing the game, it was a bit to much for me. I am more than happy to support the development of the game with real life $$, which is also why I bought the guardian pack :)
  • ashstahereashstahere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Be happy you are not living in Europe, the pack cost $250 for the same thing.

Everypeople knows Europe is rich and we don't have economic crysis here. And of course, dollar is the higher currency around the world...
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ashstahere wrote: »
    Be happy you are not living in Europe, the pack cost $250 for the same thing.

Everypeople knows Europe is rich and we don't have economic crysis here. And of course, dollar is the higher currency around the world...

Problem with us in europe is we have to pay VAT