test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MMORPG.com exclusive Dev Journal for Neverwinter: Skills, feats, and Paragon paths!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited April 2013 in News & Announcements
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/feature/7301/Neverwinter-Character-Progression-in-the-Spotlight.html

Get tips about character progression and skill choices in Neverwinter with MMORPG.com's exclusive Dev Journal.

Don't forget that Beta Weekend Four is three days away! Become a Neverwinter Founder for exclusive access and early access for Open Beta on April 30, 2013: http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    utzpretzelsutzpretzels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    The ability to choose powers seems like a huge advance in the game... But by end game you are only 12 points from maxing everything out. I would like to see you only be able to get half of the abilities per character. That would increase the customization potential.

But still, this is a great advance and I'm looking forward to checking it out.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    One thing this does open the potential for is possible character progression beyond epic through the acquisition of additional powers. I know, a little premature to already to look beyond levels 60-90, but this system will allow for future advancement beyond levels. Thanks for the link! Can't wait to try the new advancement system out this weekend!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah , at last something credible to back up the rumours , thx for the link!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seraphimdoseraphimdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    So does this mean the human racial is even better? I still feel like the human racial with 3 bonus feats is going to be silly good if the feat trees are still similar to talent trees in other games. Imagine if you had 3 extra talent points in...WoW, Rift, ToR. I mean at the very least if you put three points into a talent that gave just 1% crit per point...That's 3 times the elf racial.
  • Options
    omniusmagnariomniusmagnari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    our prayers were answered!!!!!
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    (I don't usually use all caps, but...) THANK YOU DEVS!
  • Options
    manfrome15manfrome15 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quick question.
    Will the characters already progressed high up the level ladder get to respec to get in gear for the big change?
  • Options
    togabitohelwartogabitohelwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I might be the only one that liked more the older sistem :S

Don't get me wrong, I can see why everyone wanted this and I'm happy Cryptic changed it so 99.99% of the people is happier. But I kinda liked the idea of having all the choices at my disposal and being able to swap them at any moment. A la Diablo 3. For me, this change means that before we had 100% of our character, and now we have only a 85% of it, just to be a 15% different than other players... For me, it's a loss :S

But hey! I'm the only one that thinks this way, and I'll just play the game nevertheless, so keep up the good work Cryptic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shadow - A secret Neverwinter Cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.