test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Next Rogue Class

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Just wondering what you want the next rogue class to be as in Fighter has Guardian and Great Weapon types.

What is your choice for what the first expansion on the rogue class should be.

I choose Crossbow rogue. The game needs some more range characters
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• Options
    honzohonzo Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the next melee rogue class will be a melee ranger... I'm pretty sure that's what they said in the podcast interview. The designers specifically mentioned that there won't be a range class as far as rogues go at release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It only takes one candle to light a fire, and then the darkness is gone."
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see a Ranger and/or Sapper type of class
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's been talk of the Brawny Rogue, but honestly I'm not sure what they difference would be. The Trickster Rogue kinda already handles most of the rogue builds available.

The other rogue builds from the books are:
    Aerialist Rogue: high mobility, tumbling acrobatics style.
    Brawny Rogue: High damage and control effects like stun, immobilize, knockdown, and push.
    Cutthroat Rogue: Similar to the trickster, but uses intimidation instead of subtlety
    Shadowy Rogue: A ranged rogue build that employs heavy use of cover to restalth. Hidden sniper, basically.

Shadowy seems like it would be the most unique, but I suppose Brawny could work too if they made it focused around control effects. Maybe instead of stealth they'd be able to add control effects to their encounter powers or something.

Honestly, though, I think it's much lower on the totem pole than getting other truly unique classes out there. Ranger, Druid, Warlock, Sorcerer, Battle Cleric, Paladin, etc. all have a better shot at getting in before another Rogue build.
  • Options
    dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    honzo wrote: »
    I think the next melee rogue class will be a melee ranger... I'm pretty sure that's what they said in the podcast interview. The designers specifically mentioned that there won't be a range class as far as rogues go at release.

say it isn't so!

way to ruin the party bro haha but yeah a ranger would be nice, i was rather hoping for a ranged rogue but now my dreams have been crushed.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • Options
    honzohonzo Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You guys should go listen to that interview. I'm pretty sure andrethegiant posted it around here somewhere =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It only takes one candle to light a fire, and then the darkness is gone."
  • Options
    rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    TBH I don't know how they'll add another Rogue to the game. In 4th Edition the Trickster Rogue is all about feints and misdirection, and while the Neverwinter TR does have that to a VERY small extent (like decoy which is, IMO, a really lazy way to accomplish this) it also has everything the Brawny and Aerialist builds do, has the capacity to stay in stealth while attacking (kinda the Shadow build's whole schtick minus the ranged weapon focus), and though I haven't seen anything Intimidation based I wouldn't be surprised if there was soemthing (I didn't play much of the TR).

Rangers are not Rogues, just fyi. xD
    8.jpg
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since so far they have been sticking to builds from the Player's handbook, I think the brawny rogue would be the most likely rogue class added.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rogue-warlock lol i can wish(wonders of the possible implications that making such a wish would produce lol)
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    sykorisykori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It would be nice to see a ranger =]
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to see a rogue that parallels the control wizard in its role.
  • Options
    rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Since so far they have been sticking to builds from the Player's handbook, I think the brawny rogue would be the most likely rogue class added.

How would the Brawny Rogue differ from the Trickster? In 4E PnP they're all about big hits and status effects. TR's already have that in spades with Backstab and Dazing Strike among others. I would love to see them make the BR, but it will be a struggle to make it truly unique.
    sykori wrote: »
    It would be nice to see a ranger =]

Archer Ranger is in development... and Rangers aren't Rogues!!! xD
    aavarius wrote: »
    I'd like to see a rogue that parallels the control wizard in its role.

I'd love to see that too, but I've never seen a Controller Rogue before. Would be a tricky class to build.
    8.jpg
  • Options
    randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    rogue-warlock lol i can wish(wonders of the possible implications that making such a wish would produce lol)

KInd of like the Assassin/Cleric. If I remember correctly back in the day, you had to be a 1/2 Orc and Chaotic Evil. :o
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php