test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eurogamer Preview and Interview with Craig Zinkievich

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in News & Announcements
Check out Eurogamer's Neverwinter preview and interview with Cryptic Studios' COO Craig Zinkievich! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-03-neverwinter-draft
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• dabiadabia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice review, I completely agree with everything being said there about MMORPGs going from a sub model to a free 2 play model. The thing that kind of scared me is that you can put down a boss in the foundry like one of the bosses in the game, but you won't get the same reward. Rewards are based on how hard the content is of the foundry quest right?
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dabia wrote: »
    Nice review, I completely agree with everything being said there about MMORPGs going from a sub model to a free 2 play model. The thing that kind of scared me is that you can put down a boss in the foundry like one of the bosses in the game, but you won't get the same reward. Rewards are based on how hard the content is of the foundry quest right?

Rewards are locked to the average time it takes the total number of people who play the foundry quest to finish it. A mission with ten of the toughest end game bosses in the game in one room that 99% of the server is unable to finish, but 1% can finish in 5 minutes, will reward 5 minutes worth of loot and quest xp; an hour long jog with no enemies, puzzles, or platforming will reward an hour's worth of loot and quest xp.
  • nastyvixennastyvixen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    Rewards are locked to the average time it takes the total number of people who play the foundry quest to finish it. A mission with ten of the toughest end game bosses in the game in one room that 99% of the server is unable to finish, but 1% can finish in 5 minutes, will reward 5 minutes worth of loot and quest xp; an hour long jog with no enemies, puzzles, or platforming will reward an hour's worth of loot and quest xp.

Does not make any sense at all. first thing that pops in my mind is what stops a foundry builder from makeing a 5 ( or 10 or 15 ) hour long qeust instance . Then what do you get crazy epic loot. that is what will happen if what you say is correct.
  • polymaticpolymatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If that's really the case, Nasty, I would imagine the devs would put a cap on how long a mission can be.
    Fighter.jpg