test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BWE4 changes to CW?

jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in The Library
I played CW to around level 20 in BWE3 and it felt really weak compared to both trickster rogue and GWF. The damage output was much lower than the other 2 classes and I felt like the CC I had really didn't compensate for the difference in damage. I honestly felt like dazing strike for rogue was a better CC ability than anything I had on my CW.

Have they made any changes for BWE4 to this class that have been made public yet? How did higher level CW's feel about the class compared to trickster and GWF?
Post edited by jkaplan92 on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At around level 16-18, you should have no problem locking down a single target for as long as you want, as well as controlling (or just wiping out) hordes of minion mobs. I got up to level 25, and content was pretty trivially, particular big bad elite mobs.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • jkap92jkap92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    At around level 16-18, you should have no problem locking down a single target for as long as you want, as well as controlling (or just wiping out) hordes of minion mobs. I got up to level 25, and content was pretty trivially, particular big bad elite mobs.

Did you play as trickster rogue or GWF? Both classes were far easier in my opinion. On my rogue I could basically just stealth and kill entire groups of mbos before it ran out. The damage is just way higher and honestly I feel like u have so much more survivability as a rogue with stealth + bait and switch.
  • pyrophoriapyrophoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never had a problem with survivability on the Control Wizard. Got to level 40 with only a single death because someone was being an idiot and pulled things to me, but other than that, I had no problems at all locking down problem baddies and flat out DPSing the trash mobs. Even got top DPS on every dungeon I did on the way up, even against rogues and GWF.
  • jkap92jkap92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not saying CW is hard, I'm saying at least until level 20 its harder than trickster rogue or GWF but all 3 are relatively easy. Rogue did WAY more damage though.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure about GWF, but I had a Trickster Rogue for a leveling partner, and never once did I feel weak compared to her after level 8 or so. There were times I would throw off a Spell Mastery Chill Strike and get a lucky crit and the whole group would die instantly before she could even get up to it.

And you're saying Dazing Strike, which is a single target daze, is a better CC ability than Steal Time, which is a 30' AoE slow followed by AoE daze, plus 15% extra damage afterward due to the 5 stacks of Arcane Mastery you would almost always get? I'm confused.

Either way, sominator has posted that they're "making changes to certain powers" in response to people saying TR is OP.