test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Survey (short 5-answer questionnaire)

sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tAX2v0AmW5LqjhVqJY5K-HUAbCAzVRlQelBe42K1YCE/viewform

I was interested in the spread of character choices (class, race, crafting, deity, and companion) so I made a quick survey! Please check it out.

EDIT: Updated it to include Halflings and the specific deities players can choose from.
Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
Post edited by sneakycheeses on

Comments

• Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    You should have made the question about deities a list, like the other choices, instead of a text field. Different people will spell deities' names differently, which is going to affect the end result.
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited April 2013
    agreed, not to mention, adding a deity that is not even available - cough Zinzerena -

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

I couldn't find a list of deities that were in the game, only long lists of deities in the D&D universe. Partly out of laziness and necessity, I didn't want to type all their names. If you could direct me to a list of ones that are available in the game, I think it's early enough to where I can change it without skewing results.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, sure.
    http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Deities
    If I didn't miss any, the deities available during character creation are the following:

Amaunator
    Chauntea
    Corellon
    Kelemvor
    Moradin
    Oghma
    Selune (of course, with a circumflex, which the forum prevents me from writing)
    Silvanus
    Sune
    Tempus
    Torm

P.S. What's up with all the Selune-worshipping Tieflings? ;)
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no halfings
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I was using a Neverwinter wiki which apparently is largely incomplete. I'll make these changes once I get to a computer (editing it on a iPhone was agonizingly difficult).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Updated. Thanks.
  • Options
    deathtrap82deathtrap82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    P.S. What's up with all the Selune-worshipping Tieflings? ;)

They won't let us choose Asmodeus, Cyric, or Shar :(
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...P.S. What's up with all the Selune-worshipping Tieflings? ;)
    Tiflings are no different than human beings infected with common cold virus. So having good tiefling is much less surprising than good drow (which again, is not surprising anymore)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's not as surprising as it used to be, but I think that, lore wise, most Tieflings are still at least neutral and/or chaotic in their ways. My cleric worships Selune because I wanted an unusual background and personality for my Tiefling but it seems a lot of people have had the same idea ;)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not as surprising as it used to be, but I think that, lore wise, most Tieflings are still at least neutral and/or chaotic in their ways. My cleric worships Selune because I wanted an unusual background and personality for my Tiefling but it seems a lot of people have had the same idea ;)

Lorewise, it is fine. If you play my quest (in signature) it contains a reference to canon event. That event (and a few preceding events) have caused an influx of the followers of Moonmaiden, especially near Neverwinter region.

So more people following Selune in NW are fine as our Lady of Silver has started interfering very actively in day-to-day activities of common folks.

Besides the Lady now has the folio of hope and arcana(radiant and charm). So she is very important - almost as important as Tyr, Helm, Torm or Kelemvor to Neverwinter people.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So after refreshing the results a few times over the course of about a minute, I suspect someone went ahead and exploited the fact that you can do multiple google doc surveys and made a Tiefling Rogue with a Wizard companion who worships Corellon about 60 times.
  • Options
    wardenmwardenm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    Interesting! I was rather surprised by the number of Halflings. I had totally expected Humans and Half Elves to dominate for some reason. It seems as though we'll have a good mix though without everyone being the same like in some other games!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The number of halflings is due to someone abusing the system. As is the number of guardian fighters, of Corellon worshippers and of "Other" crafters.
    This survey should unfortunately be remade so that you can only complete it once :-/ Some people just have to ruin everything.