test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

/MPG : A Public Chat Invitation to All for Support/Solidarity/Community

zelibelizelibeli Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I posted this under our guild recruitment thread, but I think that will only be seen by those who are guild-hunting and I'd really like to reach more players, guilds and guild leaders.

Our small community has friends in several different guilds. We don't believe that 1 guild is right for everyone and we don't believe any guild is an island. It's all about creating and being a part of a supportive community for all, so we created a chat channel we can all use to chat, share info as we explore the game, find groups, talk about how cool foundry projects are, etc. We are using /MPG (for Multi-Playing-Guilds, since this channel is for multiple guilds to use for playing together) but you don't have to be in a guild to use the chat. Single players can also find support in this chat.

We thought about a fancier, alliancy sounding name, but the reality is that you can use something else as your default channel and just do a quick "/mpg anyone want to group?" to chat there. Much easier than "/SuperfriendsAllianceOfAwesomeness anyone want to group?"

Currently there is no password to join, so join up and tell your guildies to do the same. I've personally guilded with all the guilds we've reached out to so far, so I can vouch for their classiness (or lack thereof).

TO JOIN, just type: /channel_join mpg

TO SEND A SINGLE MESSAGE TO THE CHANNEL, just type: /mpg before your message, e.g. /mpg yo hommies, that Winin is awesome! (Can you tell that Winin set this up?)

TO SET IT AS YOUR DEFAULT CHAT CHANNEL, just type: /MPG [then hit enter.] and chat away.

This public chat was born out of friendship and the desire to give like-minded guilds the ability to support each other on a larger scale. There are no restraints imposed on who can use the chat, although below you will see a code of conduct which we ask all to respect when using it to accommodate the different guild atmospheres invited. If your guild allows more freedom in the guild chat, then use your guild chat for those conversations.

/MPG Public Chat Code of Conduct

No Abuse: This covers topics such as race, gender, sexual preference, religion, disability, etc. If you have problems mixing with people different from yourself, then don't join this chat.

Don't Argue: From time to time conflicts and disagreements will arise over chat, but if you cannot resolve the dispute in a mature fashion then take it to a more private chat. Religion and politics are two rather passionate subjects that are popular subjects of disagreement. If you would like to discuss these things at all, please do so in a private chat. This is not the chat for that.

No Elitism: Elitist remarks which only serve to belittle someone are unacceptable. If someone asks a question over chat, help if you are able to or allow someone else to.

Don't Moan about everything over the chat. Typical moans would be from dying often, class limitations, bugs, or real life issues that are getting you down. We are all sympathetic to RL issues, but not everybody wants to hear about them. Most people have their own problems that they logged online to get away from. If you are feeling down, seek out a friend and chat privately.

No Rail-Roading people into doing stuff they clearly don't want to do. Don't assume because you're enthusiastic about something that others are. It's great that you want to do something with everyone, but not everyone may possess the beans you do that evening and may just want to chill out.

Role-play: If you choose to roleplay in the chat, remember that it is not a license to break the Code of Conduct in any way. Fantasy based grudges and other interactions are allowed so long as they are consistent, do not use real world terms and is not done in a harassing manner.

No Spamming: Spamming includes repeating the same message over and over, as well as using CAPITALS CONSTANTLY! Flooding the chat window like this can cause other messages to be missed. It will quite often result in people leaving the chat or adding the individual to ignore - all of which does not help us communicate and defeats the purpose of the chat. This is not a channel to spam recruitment for your guild, but you could still use it as a recruitment tool by simply being known as a supportive and helpful guild through the use of the chat.

No Profanity: Try to refrain from this and any inappropriate subject matter in this public channel. This is a large mix of guilds and players and therefore we do not know the ages of those reading the messages.

We will be enforcing the code of conduct. There are tools for removing people who do not follow the rules. We don't like to exclude people, but we are trying to foster a certain sense of camaraderie. We will try to contact a guild leader, if known, to clear up any misunderstandings to avoid accidental bannings.

So yes, this is a repost from http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?110461-Misguided-Potential-(MP)-A-Neverwinter-Adventuring-Group&p=1728441&viewfull=1#post1728441 but I hope you see that the intent is not to spam, but to inform through a desire of interguild solidarity... or community... whatever sounds more awesome.

Thank you and I hope to see some people in the chat starting April 30th.

Read more: http://multiplayingforums.proboards.com/thread/11836/neverwinter-chat-channel
cori-3a_zpsc08072b2.png
Post edited by zelibeli on

Comments

• thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Excellent idea. You can be sure you'll see some MOG members there. We do this all the time in other games, and it always works out well.

PM in route BTW, not sure if you have notifications on :)
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • zelibelizelibeli Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great!

I tried to reply to the PM... it didn't save in my sent messages, so either you're getting it twice or no times. :P
    cori-3a_zpsc08072b2.png
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Count me in. It's awesome to have more folks to talk to and play with.

Thank you and I hope to see some people in the chat starting April 30th.
    Well, what happened to BWE4? ;)
    edited April 2013
    Actually the chat is all set up now. Because of the cross-game chat system through Cryptic, it is maintainable through STO (maybe champions online too?) but it looks like BW4 is for purchasers only at the moment, so the chat will be there, but it's not necessarily indicative of the support we'll hopefully have together at launch. If people want to use it, it'll be there for the remainder of alpha, beta and launch. Unfortunately, we won't be able to monitor things very well until launch so use at your own risk... or maybe just start setting the bar! We're a small casual group, so this chat is going to be a community fueled support system, but from what I've seen so far of this community, I'm rather optimistic.
    cori-3a_zpsc08072b2.png
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What a fantastic idea! I know I will be playing with a small group of people and this sounds like a great way to branch out and get to know more people in the community. You can count me in as an active member of the chat channel. I am looking forward to getting to know and play with the community at launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    That's great! Thanks for being so supportive.
    cori-3a_zpsc08072b2.png
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bump for upcoming Beta 4 Weekend.

I was looking for the channel information, and figured some others could use it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • csilecsile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think i might join the channel:)
    edited April 2013
    I had practically zero time for gaming this weekend. Bad scheduling for me, but it was really cool that each time I did pop in, I saw people online using the chat. I'm sure it'll be more active at launch. Very exciting and great talking to a few of you.
    cori-3a_zpsc08072b2.png