test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What can I buy with 600,000 Astral Diamonds?

redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Looking at the middle tier of founder packs. The mount and companion are great, the extra character slot has a clear face value, and lots of the other items are pointless but certainly don't detract from the package.

The AD value is a big part of the package, though. I do have some questions:
  • How much is 600k AD worth?
  • What can I buy in-game with 600k AD?

I didn't get past level 18 or so in the last closed beta weekend, so I haven't seen the AD costs for mid to high level gear, companion, or mounts. What can I really do with 600k Astral Diamonds?
Post edited by redshift2k5 on

Comments

• savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm wondering the same thing. Is the conversion rate per dollar better on a Founders package or should I just save $60 for Zen?
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I used my ZEN at the Auction House a lot during Beta. Was a way to pick up companions I didn't already have.. Example I bought the Ghost. Word of wisdom spend it wisely at launch. People could have jacked up prices till the community gets a grasp on the actual value.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the conversion rate is capped between 50-500 Astral Diamonds per Zen. So the value of 600,000 Astral Diamonds in US Dollars could be:

$120 at 50 AD/Z
    $60 at 100 AD/Z
    $30 at 200 AD/Z
    $24 at 250 AD/Z
    $20 at 300 AD/Z
    $15 at 400 AD/Z
    $12 at 500 AD/Z

Astral Diamonds essentially represent time spent playing the game (except for the Founders' stashes) and Zen represents cash spent on the game. The exchange rate will be set by the players in the Astral Diamond Exchange, though Cryptic can influence the rate by holding sales or placing new shinies in either the Astral Diamond or Zen stores.

The exchange rate will probably settle at one of the rates listed above. My guess would be at 100, 200 or 250, but your guess is as good as mine.
  • tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I used my ZEN at the Auction House a lot during Beta. Was a way to pick up companions I didn't already have.. Example I bought the Ghost. Word of wisdom spend it wisely at launch. People could have jacked up prices till the community gets a grasp on the actual value.

I think you mean Astral Diamonds at the auction house I do believe.

Tiko
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For 50,000 you can un-socket ONE rune stone from an item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    There are also, of course, items for sale in-game for AD. I did not, however, look very closely at those items during BW3.

I was hoping for some examples of items I could buy with AD, especially at higher levels that I did not reach during BW3.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    The answer is 750 Identification Scrolls. Although I think they're going to tweak that price.

Plus what fr0gurt said.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You can buy a few thousand zen from me with your diamonds. :P
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    I believe I read in a blog post somewhere that during the beta weekends, the value of Astral Diamonds was calculated to be 200 AD = 1 Zen. 600000 AD would then be worth 3000 zen. This value is obviously subject to fluctuations in the market.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Guild bank slots. At least thats whet im spending mine on.
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    I believe I read in a blog post somewhere that during the beta weekends, the value of Astral Diamonds was calculated to be 200 AD = 1 Zen. 600000 AD would then be worth 3000 zen. This value is obviously subject to fluctuations in the market.

200 AD to 1 Zen is roughly about what the Questionite exchange offers around in the Champions Online equivalent.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    tttsssrrr1 wrote: »
    200 AD to 1 Zen is roughly about what the Questionite exchange offers around in the Champions Online equivalent.

Yes, but right now

1zen=100 Dilithium in STO.

My point is it is not a good idea to use other games to try to perdict what the exchange rate will be because there a multiple factors different in each game that affect it.
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That and 47 cents will buy you a Starbucks.
  • pacmanlawyerpacmanlawyer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    That and 47 cents will buy you a Starbucks.

What starbucks are you going to? I don't think theres anything in mine that costs less then 1.25... and that's for some dried up pastry.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    600k AD get's you past the 1/4th mark for buying a t3 mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    3 resurrection scrolls.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully more than what was available in BW3. To me it seemed their uses were restricted to a couple mounts and ID scrolls. :|
  • darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited April 2013
    When you get a Companion and you're on the battlefield and IT has leveled up..you can rush train IT for about 1,000 AD...However higher levels cost more.. I want to say Level 11 Companion Rushed cost about 8,500 ADs

Yes...ID scrolls 800

Unsocket'ing I've seen 2-3k

Myself all these monies are gonna be so confusing to me. For example...Lets say if I buy the founders pack of 2,000,000 AD (199.99) and bank it...by the time I reach level 20 I could have 2,100,000 or maybe even 3million AD's right but how much gold do I got? 1gold! That means Im short 1.5gold to buy a mount So I could essentially trade AD's for Gold and maybe Gold for Zen to buy a Companion and then reverse it all ROFL!!!
  • volkiravolkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Star trek online the dilithium exchange rate is 100 dilithium for 1 Zen.

I have started to play Star trek Online while I wait for Neverwinter and there are alot of similarities with the 2 games believe it or not.

So I imagine Astral Diamonds will be sold at a similaiar rate for Zen.
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Myself all these monies are gonna be so confusing to me. For example...Lets say if I buy the founders pack of 2,000,000 AD (199.99) and bank it...by the time I reach level 20 I could have 2,100,000 or maybe even 3million AD's right but how much gold do I got? 1gold! That means Im short 1.5gold to buy a mount So I could essentially trade AD's for Gold and maybe Gold for Zen to buy a Companion and then reverse it all ROFL!!!
    As far as I know you can't buy AD with Gold and vice-versa. You can't bank AD either as they are a bound currency.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    600k AD get's you past the 1/4th mark for buying a t3 mount.

He gets one already if he purchases guardian pack.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    volkira wrote: »
    In Star trek online the dilithium exchange rate is 100 dilithium for 1 Zen.

I have started to play Star trek Online while I wait for Neverwinter and there are alot of similarities with the 2 games believe it or not.

So I imagine Astral Diamonds will be sold at a similaiar rate for Zen.

the is a huge difference In the daily cap of refining both raw currencies, AD is almost 3 times the cap of Dilithium in Sto. As well as ease of gaining raw forms of both currency. In Sto one would be hard pressed to gain the 8K raw dilithium for the daily refining cap. In comparison, in Neverwinter one can easily get around 20k daily just from doing activities in the game.

Another thing to consider is the different sinks both games have with their respective currencies. ( I personally think Neverwinter has more/larger sinks ) ( but this could be balanced by the ease of gain )

And thirdly, probably the biggest "wild card" is the Auction House using AD instead of gold. Neither STO or CO use their respective Currencies ( Dilithium and Questionite ) in their AH's but rather their base currency. ( Globals for CO, Energy Credits for STO ) which has the potential to cause huge rises and dips in the exchange rate.

So using the logic that "The game is pretty similar, thus the exchange rate will act the same." is probably not a frame of mind to use when trying to predict the exchange in Neverwinter. . .

. . .Instead one should look at what is different and how those differences will affect the in-game economy. . .
  • inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    You can buy like 3 full T1 Epic sets of gear since they are not Bind on pick up and dirt cheap on the Broker :p