test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fellow rogues, whats is the main stats you look for in gears?

deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
There are so many stats in the gears right now, and I am so confused which stats will help me make a better rogue. In BWT, I have trouble with lifesteal and regen, wonder which will help me to survive the encounters better, also which stats is more important when concerning damage, power or crit? Hope to get some pointers. Thank you.
Post edited by deepgold on

Comments

• flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My gear had power over crit. I found life steal and regeneration to be useless, and besides, I chose the cleric companion. I didn't notice the regeneration and no matter how much life steal I had I would only get 1~5 hp back.
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    My gear had power over crit. I found life steal and regeneration to be useless, and besides, I chose the cleric companion. I didn't notice the regeneration and no matter how much life steal I had I would only get 1~5 hp back.

QFT

/10char
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Power -> Crit -> Defense -> Armor Pen for me. I tried the others, but because of leveling i didn't see the point. However I see the value of those stats later on. Out of those 4, Armor Pen seemed to cost the most points per %, so I mostly focused on the first 3 stats.

Blue Sockets -> HPs
    Yellow Sockets -> +XP
    Red Sockets -> Power
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maximized crit, then sacrificed crit for power if it didn't drop my actual crit % bonus.
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    Maximized crit, then sacrificed crit for power if it didn't drop my actual crit % bonus.

What did you like your Crit % to be around?
  • tsurueldultsurueldul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shytbyrd wrote: »
    What did you like your Crit % to be around?

At level 20. I had around 23% crit. Though all my gear didn't have the crit stat on it, like i had hoped for. I would say around 30% crit would be nice. But of course, the more the better.
  • valadilvaladil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    I went with Crit/Power/Armor Pen on most of my gear, and slotted in HP to any sockets that could hold it, otherwise XP boost went there. I didn't bother with Defense/Life Gen/Regen because with stealth and the cleric companion, I never dropped below 80% HP unless I was being dumb and didn't avoid the red circle of death.
    Valadil - Eq2/WoW/DDO/WAR
    Praesumo in Obscurum
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    What do me look for in gear?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y
    ^('-')
    This of course. Preferably with more lightning & mayhaps a bunny.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dexterity, Charisma, and anything that increases my Bluff skill. Oh...wait...wrong game.

Actually increases to critical and penetration are my favorites with bonuses to health, if I have to, and bonuses to XP if I have to (all in all I prefer red slots over yellow or blue). With my companions I prefer the blue slot so I can get stat share.

Power is also very important to me. If I can't get gear with better critical I always default towards better power.
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Power > Crit > Armor Penetration > everything else is what is instinctual for me.

I was intrigued by the lifesteal stat at first, but after it healed me for a fraction of a fraction, I decided to wash my hands of it and rely on pots and clerics - as quickly as I was attacking, and as much damage as I was doing, it's absurd that lifesteal was only healing me for 1s and 2s - maybe later gear will have higher percentages of it, and it will actually be an amazing stat, but from my personal experience, I'll prefer the stats that give me 1337 damagez.
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really don't pay that much attention to all the math, I just see if there are more green stats to red - if there are three stats and two of them are green, I plug it in.
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget to look for the purple ground reticles, they help more than gear :). (Combat advantage).
  • ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Power -> Crit -> Ar Pen

works great
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    life steal is very nice btw if you can get it to decent levels. personally i look for crit first however.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    life steal is very nice btw if you can get it to decent levels. personally i look for crit first however.

What kind of healing per second were you seeing? Does it provide much value beyond saving gold on potions?

I was looking for crit first most of the time, but I'm not sure if it's actually better than power. The few times I ran the math deciding between power and crit on same-level items, power won out.

Some of the paragon feats boost crits quite a bit, so that changes things.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if you can get life steal around 10% it keeps your health up well enough so long as you don't stop using potions when you take heavy hits.