test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The good, bad and neutral

angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in The Library
So I want to go CW Teifling ... I would like to be chaotic good... what god and backstory/area would work well?

(Note* I like the Oghma book smart thing, but he is neutral)

Any suggestions?

Please and TY! :o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Believe there are only 3 available Gods that fall into the Chaotic Good kind of alignment;

Corellon - Probably a solid one for a magic user, since this God favours them.
    Selune - God of Moons, Tides and Travellers.
    Sune - Goddess of Beauty

I am no expert though, but those might give you some ideas.
  • pbuckleyheropbuckleyhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    those evil trolls removed Chaotic good in 4th Ed! I miss the golden hearted rouges. lucky me though neutral good and all.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The alignments have changed in nature, intent and purpose.

Lawful Good:- Civilization and order
    Good:- Freedom and kindness
    Evil:- Tyranny and hatred
    Chaotic Evil:- Entropy and destruction
    ~~~~
    Unaligned:- Does not take any stand.

The alignment do not influence your actions. They only influence some of your actions which involve manifestation of beliefs and actions carrying moral weight.
    Unaligned is not neutral. It means no alignment.

~~~~

For comparisons with 3e:-

Lawful good - equivalent of lawful good of 3e
    Good - keeps good above everything. May become Lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good depending on circumstances in 3e.
    Evil:- equivalent of lawful and neutral evil in 3e.
    Chaotic Evil:- equivalent of chaotic evil in 3e.
    Unaligned - not in 3e.

~~~~

Check here for ideas:-
    Deities
    You might find one from amongst them.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I didn't even realized you had the option to pick an alignment in Neverwinter...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • corloc1corloc1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Chaotic good... The choice of Independant but generally doing the right thing :)

Loved the discription of Chaotic evil in BG - The mad man alignment!
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I didn't even realized you had the option to pick an alignment in Neverwinter...

There's technically not. It's more-so for RPing.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Unaligned has to be true neutral in 3ed.
    edited March 2013
    Um no true neutral was this convoluted mess off "Balancing" good and evil. Law and Chaos. I can git law and chaos but good and evil really? Unaligned means you just don't give a flying flip a far more realistic alignment or lack of alignment in my opinion. I actually like these changes. (My other statement was half joking) With the removal of neutral alignments was a good thing, as they where incredibly convoluted choices in the first place. However the loss of lawful evil and chaotic good kinda sucks. As they where fun alinements to play with. I usually just play good or lawful good though.
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited March 2013
    It's the first time I've seen "true" good and evil alignments. I assume that's the equivalent of neutral good and neutral evil?

I'm all for the freedom and kindness. Any characters in roleplaying games that I intended to be of an evil alignment ended up being loyal or neutral good. I just can't do evil deeds even when I honestly try, but I dislike laws.
    edited March 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    It's the first time I've seen "true" good and evil alignments. I assume that's the equivalent of neutral good and neutral evil?

I'm all for the freedom and kindness. Any characters in roleplaying games that I intended to be of an evil alignment ended up being loyal or neutral good. I just can't do evil deeds even when I honestly try, but I dislike laws.

Chaotic good, pretty much. A lot of Dm's mistake law and good which gets alot of chaotic goods labeled neutral good.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Need help with a deity and other role playing concerns? Have you been to the Forgotten Realms Wiki? Not only can you find a deity, but this might help you forge a background for your character.
  • undelekundelek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You aren't god or cleric, only a follower and u can take some alignments allowed. I put some deitys but you can pray a lot of them :P

Eilistrey
    Mystra: better option if you want a easy way.
    Oghma: Good option but for bard
    Sune
    Deneir
    Eldat: One of her domains is water, you can choose this if your build isn't arcana

P.D.: Sorry about my english
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    most people like chaotic good because it creates the kind of "unwilling anti-hero" that reminds us of bruce willis in die hard or han solo in star wars or the similar...the free spirit and vagabond that stumbeled into the adventure without wanting it, has a rough edge but a good core

i for myself like chaotic neutral, cause i like being able to do whatever the f**k i want to
  • castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Neutral evil...

Unaligned will do.

>.>
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    They did say the gods might come into play later on (sorry I dont remember where that was said). IF gods become important, thenalignments may play some role in that- just a guess but want to be prepared.
    For all of the help ... THANK YOU. I am almost done and have a 1st and 2nd attempt up here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?142031-1st-try-tyvm