test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Crash...

clear51clear51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Everytime I hit the login button on the launcher an error comes up saying

"Oops! Your Cryptic Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information."

I have submitted the details in that twice and I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game but everytime it still does the same thing. Please if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Help Me please,
Post edited by clear51 on

Comments

• clear51clear51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    please answer
    edited March 2013
    any answer ?? please admins help me:(
    edited March 2013
    Help meeee
  • vomkvomk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    No idea what the problem might be.. but you cant play now anyway because the servers are down. Try to start it as admin
  • ronoverdriveronoverdrive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Happened to me a lot, turns out it was Windowspager (a multiple virtual desktop app) that was doing it. Started getting Direct3D errors after that and turned out to be Aero blocking it. Check to see if you got any apps that affect your desktop and try quitting them.
  • bjarisbjaris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me it was Teamviewer that caused the crash. Thanks to ronoverdrive I looked in the right direction.
  • darkfeniksxdarkfeniksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the topic and thanks for the solution Bjaris, I wanted to check if still had to download some stuff for open beta weekend but i kept getting the same crash and then i read about teamviewer and bam it works :)

Thanks!
  • hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    they really need to fix this. teamviewer is how i use my pc from work!!!
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • vorzothvorzoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whats the process for using teamviewer? im locked down at work and would love to find a way to play.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Teamviewer has been known to cause client crashes. Please try disabling it and that might help! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • humble48humble48 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Logmein.com is better if you just want to remote to your home computer and do simple things like installations. You won't be able to play a full motion video game through a remote connection though. You'll just never get the frame rate needed via screen scraping.
    Humble
    "There are no problems, only solutions waiting to happen." - Me
  • kanbanokanbano Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, it was TeamViewer for me. Exit TeamViewer, start Launcher. All good.
  • typhoonyodatyphoonyoda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TEamviewer was causing this issue for me as well. Although, so far disabling the 'quick connect button' under the advanced options menu has allowed me to launch the game while leaving teamviewer running.
  • ozzfireozzfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the issue with Teamviewer too, thanks for the post.

Is there an explanation anywhere?