test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recovery

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I wonder if it is possible to stack recovery for guardians or GWF. I also wonder how far down you can get the cooldowns on encounter skills.

I am thinking a guardian fighter with the charge encounter skill having a 1 second cooldown and how I would be in PVP. Also, the other encounter skills with about a 1 second cooldown. Guardians would rule PVP. Anyways, I wonder if it is possible to stack enough recovery at lvl 60 to be that good.

Anyone try stacking recovery?
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    as 42 human guardian i stacked in order

defense: was phenomenal 31% resistance & was showing heavy signs of diminishing returns (i think 22-25%) would be better allowing for stacking other adds.

recovery: can't remember how much it ticked for or % but i guess ya could do the math at about 15K HP. I wasn't impressed sadly, even using lv 2 & 3 runes. It didn't seem to help much on CD but was still noticeable enough to be worth it at least for that.

power: apparently as my 3rd in order i didn't have much & did low damage.

crit: Is broken lol, i think it was at 2% but did plenty of them, but again because of the low power still did not amount to anything large.

oh stats at that time were
    Con. 21
    Str. 20
    Dex. 17
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    What if you was using lvl 6 runes? Wonder if that would get the recovery up there?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    yea, runes are win if your stacking them
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Even if that only knocks a few seconds off the cooldowns for the encounter powers that could be awesome and overall could greatly increase damage output.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Also, I wonder if I put points into intelligence if that would decrease the cooldowns even more?
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've looked at it in regards to the GWF. They have a feat that increases the recharge speed by 25% on takedown and a few other skills. This would be great in pvp. Just not sure how much you can stack at max level.

One thing to remember is that increased recharge reduces does not equal reduced cooldown. The cooldown reduction will be 1/2 of the increased recharge rate. So it would take 100% recovery to get the cooldown reduced by half.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It was a win tank as i set out for it to be..just a huge meatshield.

Buttt after going through it once it's evident to me that in the current
    state, large HP pools or extreme defense aren't needed PvE wise & it's
    better to just go with the flow because it seems every few lvls equipment
    drops are more geared towards what you need for that lvl range.

Sure you can keep an eye out for special pieces, i wouldn't make
    any sacrifices to make something specific happen though.

That is if i do GF again. Not that i was disappointed, just the opposite
    i enjoyed it very well. I just like alts :D
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Some clarification for this thread.

Lets not confuse Recovery with Regeneration. Recovery grants Recharge speed and action point gain. Regeneration is a passive HP regen based on how much health you have lost.

Here is how Recharge Speed works:
    20% Recharge Speed is 1/1.2 ≈ 0.83333 ≈ 17.7% cooldown reduction

As mentioned previously you would need 100% recharge speed to obtain 50% cooldown reduction.

Also keep in mind the more of a stat you have, the less effective stacking that stat becomes. (Diminishing Returns)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    well yea, for skill spammin we need at minimum twice the amount of recharge needed for as it takes timewise for 2 skills to cooldown.

i got zero access to any stats & i know different skills use different amounts, not to mention modifiers for base stats, skills, runes
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well this thread is about recovery not regeneration.

I just wonder if I put points into Intelligence, would that decrease cooldowns? And do you have a formula on how much 1 point of intelligence would decrease cooldown?

So if you have 0 recovery, it takes like 6 seconds on the cooldown for the charge encounter I think. If you put 100 in recovery that would reduce the cooldown to 3 seconds? That is 50% less.
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Every point of Intelligence after 10 points Grants you 1% Recharge speed for all classes. Every 10 levels you get to put 1 point in. So that is 6% recharge speed total at level 60. I have already recorded the base cooldowns for skills on the wiki.

You dont need just 100 points into recovery. You need 100% recharge speed. Depending on your current amount of recovery you will need more and more recovery to gain another % of recharge speed(and action points gain).