test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Over 100 crashes over the course of BW3

sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I basically never crashed in BW1 and BW2, but this weekend, I crashed (very conservatively) over 100 times. It didn't matter what I was doing at the time, the client either freezes and goes to the CrypticError report or the game client just disappears and I get CrypticError.

Walking, fighting, loading, being idle, in densely populated instances or in empty instances, minimum settings, maximum settings...I crashed in every situation.

Anyone else had an issue like this?
The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
Post edited by sendrien on

Comments

• Options
    snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    me, thanks for posting. im using xp 32, gonna change all system pretty soon.
    anyway same issue
  • Options
    dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    played through beta2 non-stop without any issues, machine ran really cool and framerates were always above 50fps. during beta3 i did crash once, no errors just a frozen screen, i quickly rebooted and kept playing without any other problems.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • Options
    pineappleghostpineappleghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I crashed once due to the fact I play on a toaster. Then I crashed twice when we were zoning out of a mini quest dungeon because the game would try to place the entire five man group in a quest zone instance that was full.
  • Options
    jd0ggjd0gg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i didn't crash once this weekend but did get disconnected from the server when zoning 3-4 times.
    JDogg, Original Gamester
    All Out Assault
  • Options
    cullodenculloden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ive had the exact same thing happen to me as well OP. Constant crashes to desktop. I was able to stop the crashing by using safe mode on the launcher, it allowed me to play for several hours with 0 crashes, but the graphics were absolutely horrible. I do believe the cause of the crashes is definately an issue with the graphics. Whatever got disabled with safe mode stopped the crashes. When I reset everything back to default settings, within an hour I crashed again. So its definately the graphics.

Windows XP 32bit SP3
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+
    1 TB SATA HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 1GB (driver 314.21 (at time of BWE3))
    2.5 GB DDR2 ram
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Seems like an issue with XP 32bit.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    pr1m3valpr1m3val Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've had the same issue, and I'm using Win 7 ult x64, so not a Win XP issue.
  • Options
    dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i had the same problem, this time and in the bw2, played fine in the first beta weekend
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    My 3rd unit is Vsita 32 bit, I could never get the game to run. It would crash after hitting play on the Launcher. Tried several things. I could start the game straight up, via the exe in the Live folder, but it doesn't except the login from there, the launcher login sets some needed flag. So the game/gfx etc will run, but something passing from the launcher to the main exe was a no-no.
  • Options
    witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    That sucks guys. I got a weird screen flicker in Helm's Hold sometimes but I never crashed.

I hate to do the Tech Support 101 but did you try New Drivers for video and sound? Verify files on the client. Or better what settings if any did you change in your options?

In the client login screen > options > video options, check advance video options then there is a troubleshooting area at the bottom with extra options. Things like Force multi-gpu render on/off.

Something as simple as running in Windowed Mode or Windowed Maximized can help.

The Launcher has an options area that allows safe mode, force verify, and some other stuff.
  • Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's becoming obvious that no one on the development team cares about this issue, or XP users for that matter.
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    c00litc00lit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was actually quite impressed I only crashed once over the full weekend.
  • Options
    zindaliuszindalius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sendrien wrote: »
    It's becoming obvious that no one on the development team cares about this issue, or XP users for that matter.

Understanding the frustration,but its beta and this is what they want to hear about.This is the exact reason there is a beta.There are many factors to many different builds and OS's to consider to be able to encompass as many players as possible,to play seamlessly for launch. All too often people will just want to be the first to play a new game and never even report anything during beta. Your doing exactly what you should be doing and telling the team via bug reports or the forums.Your best bet seriously is to try different things to recreate it like a lab experiment,have some fun with it,so the pinpointing is easier since they can't duplicate everyone's rig and operating system. If I was a developer I would be reading these,and trust me this section is read,and hoping that what your doing to TRY to crash it over and over is stated clearly and with the purpose of refining the final client. Anyone doing any maintenance work on cars,engines,computers,etc., is gonna ask "Hey what were you doing when this happened??" So here's the right time and place to be as descriptive as possible,without becoming vindictive and unproductive. Go for it!
    Zindalius` Prognosticator of Perpetual Perfunctory
  • Options
    nemesis0807nemesis0807 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Over the BW3, I experienced the following:

Got booted out of server while in instances - Twice

Game crashed - No more than 3 times

Game froze - Once, but after a quick system reboot, everything worked.

Launcher/Login issues - Between 23/3/13 about 7pm (PDT) till 23/3/13 about 9pm (PDT). Reinstalled and patched the game and everything worked fine.
  • Options
    kurtixwarlordkurtixwarlord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Didnt get crashed or frozen, but disconnected to Login screen 16 times, i counted (5 the first day, 7 the second, 4 the last).