test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let talk stats. what is the best set for CW?

savagehornetsavagehornet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Library
OK. I'VE NOTICED ,that on some gear the stats will be lower then the ones i have ( crits / life steal ) and the lower ones seem to be the call for best choice..

SO which stats really should a CW stack that will give you more power , dmg , and cc ..

really need help on this , was able to get to lvl 20 on bw3 , but there is so many combos , and each one ( to me ) dont seem to make a really big jump..

plz add comments
Post edited by savagehornet on

Comments

• Options
    hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Depends on your build.
    Most popular choice would be recovery, so you can cast stuff more often.
    Power is the easiest stat to get (I had a green orb dropped from random mobs that gave +800 power, while all most other stats are like +200 at most on lvl 40), but it's not so that great. The damage bonus becomes smaller as it rises higher, so I'd say that '+2000' power is somewhere around '+70-80 dmg' (I had +50 with 1300 power).
    My choice is crits - it's one of the hardest stats to get for CW(items get very small boost on average), but it's worth it. Getting the tactician path, you can get your Action Point restored faster with every crit, so they improve your AP recovery in a way. Also, crits work on encounters and even daily powers (a 4k ice arrow crit is always nice :D).

So, the otrodox style is to max recovery. Power may work, but personally I just prefer to make more control. And crits, they add some 'average' damage just like power(meaning you crit more often, crit is like +60% dmg) and stack well with tactitian path.
  • Options
    witchzerowitchzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    I had almost all power and Crit at level 35. I wen't down the Renegade Path for the Crit talent that gives AP. I will say I was missing Defense a few times. I prefer Regeneration over Life Steal. Its hard to tell because you need so much in a given stat to give a good return. My Crit was at +6% and My power was +60-ish If I swapped out crit for defense I may take 5% less damage...I don't know the exact numbers but I just stacked Power and Crit. If I could get my damage mitigation up around 15-20% it would help me when I face several elites. Other than that I just destroy everything else.
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited March 2013
    #1. Crit
    #2. Recovery
    #3. Regen (Also Regen> Life Steal by far!)
  • Options
    darktalon81darktalon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let's keep in mind the secondary ability scores here.

the path of Charisma is a crit path. So if you are planning on doing that, choose it at character creation and go with it.

the path of Wisdom is a control path. The higher Wisdom, the longer the control effects.

@witchzero -- regeneration is a great concept, but one that is not really intended for Control Wizards. At best we shouldn't be getting hit much and at worst we don't have enough defensive focus to sustain the return required on even super high Regenartion stats. It is far better to prioritize defense over regeneration or even life steal. (( oh! and let's also remember when we are hurt, we are more likely going to chug a pot then wait for our cool super high regeneration to heal us. at least that's what I found when messing around with the stat. ))

I got to level 42 and focused on Int/Charisma with stats in Power/Crit/Recovery and Defense. I died only twice. Once when I tried to swim and realized water in Neverwinter causes instant death. The second time was a wipe on the werewolf boss learning the fight. That's pretty darn good and I must say I got into some very nasty scrapes, the worst being accidentally pulling FOUR Packmaster groups.... if you know what those are....you will understand. If you don't...imagine nasty brute werewolves that self heal(and often).

Now at release I am probably going to focus on Wisdom and go for a primary Control path, but still going to focus on the stats I mentioned above. Recovery is very important remember because it affects how fast your daily powers refresh.
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Critical is defiantly the most important stat damage wise.
    Recovery is good but I think people overestimate its effect. Recovery isnt cooldown reduction it is recharge speed. So 20% recharge speed is only 17.7% cooldown reduction. You need 100% recharge speed to reach 50% cooldown reduction.
    Armor Penetrations is not bad but I wouldn't focus on it. 15% armor pen is recommended but not at the expense of other stats.
    Power scales really badly but hard to avoid this stat.
    I haven't tried Deflect but not a fan of RNG
    Some Defense wont hurt, focusing on it is for Guardian Fighters.
    Regen> Lifesteal
    Movement Speed is okay, but It cost alot of points to get it high enough to make a difference.

I focused on INT and CHA with a Tiefling to get the most effect out of it. Seems to work well for a Damage oriented build. Looking forward to the $200 pack racials though. Also Human Racial could be better depending on what Feats you choose.