test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class build questions

nagaaznagaaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
I heard when you level you can't pick skills?

You also can't take a few levels of rogue then add some fighter??

Well then this is NOT D&D and I just paid $200.00 for another wow clone.

Guys THIS IS NOT A D&D game!!!

Rogues don't get stealth till level 7???

This is NOT wow.

I am extremely disappointed in this game using the D&D label to sell you a WoW game.
Post edited by nagaaz on

Comments

• sinoraisinorai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so ur questions is ??
  • galthisgalthis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You will literally be level 7 in 2 hours if you take your time. You are level 4 after the 20 minute tutorial.

No multiclassing, which is kind of a bummer, but this game is based on 4e rules, and I'm no DM or anything but I think 4e went away from splashes/multiclassing and that type of thing. And the whole question of "what is or is not D&D" just makes my head hurt.
  • meowkittonmeowkitton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    galthis wrote: »
    You will literally be level 7 in 2 hours if you take your time. You are level 4 after the 20 minute tutorial.

No multiclassing, which is kind of a bummer, but this game is based on 4e rules, and I'm no DM or anything but I think 4e went away from splashes/multiclassing and that type of thing. And the whole question of "what is or is not D&D" just makes my head hurt.

Multiclassing in 4th edition is in the third player handbook; also introduced was a hybrid class system (Hybrid Fighter; Hybrid Cleric; Hybrid Barbarian, etc.) I do agree that the lack of these features is an annoyance, though hopefully whatever concern people have will be fixed and/or added later in the game - if not after release. There is so much content, so many things to implement from 4E; they could release a ton of expansions based on all the player handbooks alone.
  • magicsnmagicsn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    >I heard when you level you can't pick skills?
    >
    >You also can't take a few levels of rogue then add some fighter??

What you mean is "class", not "skill".

And actually multiclassing is even forbidden in some Pen&Paper D&D Campaigns (for example in the one where I am gamemaster, and the other people gamemastering do it the same).

Multiclassing is I think not "defining" D&D. In my experience multiclassing leads to "hard to imagine" number-constructs (like Warlock-Paladins ^^) which lore-wise are the opposite to each other and noticably stronger than the characters of people who only go for a single class. I think in Pen&Paper the only chance is to balance it that either all people play multiclassed characters or none. It would not surprise me if most groups would not go for "no multi-classing" how we did in our group. And I think it does not make Neverwinter "not D&D" that Multiclass does not exist. Actually, if I think of it, for myselves it would be more "different" to Pen&Paper if Multiclass would exist ;-)
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nagaaz wrote: »

This is NOT wow.

I am extremely disappointed in this game using the D&D label to sell you a WoW game.

This is a 4E D&D game. Just like in 4E you get a limited selection of new powers available as you level. Unlike in 4E you can choose which ones you have available and change them at any time from your list of unlocked powers. In 4E you must choose which ones your character knows when you level and can only swap out one power at a time, also chosen only when you level. We can essentially respec our powers for free at any time and only have to pay to respec feat points or paragon path. It is true that there are more to choose from in 4E.

They have confirmed that they are working on multiclassing, but it will be 4E "Hybrid" multiclassing from the PHB 3 which probably only makes sense to implement after a few more classes get added.

This is absolutely a D&D game. They have been working closely with WotC including weekly meetings for the entirety of Neverwinter's development. In fact some of the art designs and other elements of Neverwinter have been adopted by WotC as official D&D.
  • notlobnai1974notlobnai1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013

They have confirmed that they are working on multiclassing, but it will be 4E "Hybrid" multiclassing from the PHB 3 which probably only makes sense to implement after a few more classes get added.

Just curious where you heard/read this....really hoping they implement multi-class in some form
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    nagaaz wrote: »

This is NOT wow.

It's a fairly fun game with some unique mechanics. Have you played it yet?

Also, word of advice, you probably shouldn't pay for something you know little to nothing about.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I like how half your post was spent screaming "THIS IS NOT A D&D GAME!" like a 5 year old...

Evidently, it is - granted, I've heard that most people don't care much for the 4E ruleset, but I'm not a huge D&D-er, so I'm not super-qualified to say anything further about that. Evidently, it is not WoW - I could play it for longer than an hour without feeling like I was being lulled to sleep. Evidently, they didn't tailor the game specifically to your tastes - I'm truly sorry about that; they should have known. Evidently, you're slightly daft for spending 200 dollars on a game you knew very little about.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    By your standards, most of the history of D&D "isn't D&D". I guess you're one of those people who think D&D started in 2000?
  • xbotzxbotz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    It's a fairly fun game with some unique mechanics. Have you played it yet?

Also, word of advice, you probably shouldn't pay for something you know little to nothing about.

This made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nathanhanksnathanhanks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OP is clearly a troll... do NOT feed the trolls...