test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BW3 : Fighter's Recovery - useless

eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hi,

Dunno if any of you used this skill from Beta week 1 to BW3.. but right now Fighter's Recovery is definitely useless as you don't recover enough health to even start to think using this daily skill.

Well, I may be wrong but in my humble opinion, a "daily power" is suppose to do something good enough to be noticeable.
Compare to BW1, Fighter's Recovery has been nerfed so badly that you can consider it as "broken" or "useless".

Even if some think that this daily power skill was OP in BW1... I do think that Dev should do something about it in order to make it usable again.

Later
Post edited by eagles9595 on

Comments

• vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can blame all the people in beta 1 complaining that healing powers were op and that people leveled to easy.
    In B1 Fighters Recovery litterally MADE the class for me. I did not think it was OPed in any way.

Then people in B2 whined that they could just use Potions cause healing was so weak. what did they do they lowered the potion droprate and made potions more expencive to buy.

So i do agree and i say to people becareful when yelling OP because if everything is nerfed to useless ness we wont be able to function.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I definitely noticed the nerf. Fighter's Recovery used to increase your own damage at the same time as it healed you, but the tooltip no longer says anything about buffing damage and I think that's the part that has been removed. Because the power heals you based on how much damage you do, this has also nerfed the heals.

The power used to be an I Win button. Once I got it, there was nothing I could not fight through. I did play a new fighter up to level 20 this weekend and I kept and used the power, but getting it to do what I wanted was challenging. I found the best time to use it was on groups of mobs, because then I would do damage to all of them and each would heal me. But the heals are not so great that I can ignore blocking or moving, and that used up precious seconds of time during which I could not attack and heal.

If we're going to take away the damage buff, perhaps we can increase the duration of the heal, or add a small HoT which is independent of the damage you do.
  • joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    depend how you use it, used it with shield(no dmg to you) and it can heal you really good(was healed to full hp) but like tank spec i still dont use it, have cleric companion and other daily skills are better for me(more dmg and knockdown skill)
  • vanderhelmvanderhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I personally don't find it either useless or overpowered. Fighter's recovery allows me to get through a whole encounter without losing further health if I play it right and if used on a group of minions it actually heals me for more HP than I had when I started the encounter.

Personally I hate that it's tied to damage at all, buff or not. I really wish it was just treated as a Second Wind, just a heal that gives you 25% HP or whatever. It sucks that potion drops are rarer and more expensive now, but last BW I was able to play my GF all the way to 22 and died only twice, both times because I wasn't paying attention; between recovery and potions I was impossible to kill.

I don't know what the answer here is; when soloing it's a pain in the *** to heal yourself, either because potions are so rare or because recovery most of the time only heals you enough to stay alive one more encounter. In a group with a cleric however survivavility is almost a non-issue.
  • coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Having not played the previous weekends, I felt the skill was underpowered. I was only healing back half the damage I was receiving at best. Coupled with my shield breaking every five seconds because enemies that matter are capable of two shotting your block gauge I couldn't tank as effectively with it as I was let to believe. A buff is in order, but only a slight change in the buff given- instead of stacking attack and heals, it should stack defense and heals, so the HP you recover matters that much more and you'll be able to drop your guard more often to hit more enemies.
  • vanderhelmvanderhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having not played the previous weekends, I felt the skill was underpowered. I was only healing back half the damage I was receiving at best. Coupled with my shield breaking every five seconds because enemies that matter are capable of two shotting your block gauge I couldn't tank as effectively with it as I was let to believe. A buff is in order, but only a slight change in the buff given- instead of stacking attack and heals, it should stack defense and heals, so the HP you recover matters that much more and you'll be able to drop your guard more often to hit more enemies.

This is a pretty solid solution, I like it; I hope they at least try doing this.
  • eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    Well I do think that the solution would be to leave the skill as it was in beta week 1.

It was definitely not that OP compare to some other class "daily power".

As a example the wizard "daily power" can 1 shot plenty of mob in a big radius, rogue can do the same and pop a "twin image" of him which lure all mobs while he can 2 shot them without being touch.. and the tank has this nerfed skill which leave his health bar smaller than when you started the skill..; com'on Dev you can't be serious on this one.

have fun
  • cappio88cappio88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    At 50 with Conqueror paragon it's not that bad. You'll have a +100% power if you don't spend block and if you hit multiple mobs with frontline surge you'll get an istant good recovery. I haven't inspected deeply the nerf before I got in Conqueror so you could be right in what you say during leveling without this feat.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I tried to like it. But, it is a garbage skill in its current implementation.