test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increase Stealth Duration!

infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
to atleast 10 seconds or make the stealth bar regen atleast twice as fast.

I had loads of fun with my rogue and I know Ill play one at launch but this was the only things so far that would be cool if they changed that....with 5 seconds, most of the time 1-2-3 of the seconds are wasted positioning or for those " oh ****! " moments.

Oh and btw, please add more weapon choices...for example katanas, scimitars, short swords and maybe even long swords.

And id like to see more abillities added too. Why are some of the abillities in the Powers tab just upgraded versions at higher level? Thats bad design imo.

Anyway, by far funniest class I played during beta. I sure hope NW launches soon :)

*cough* fix zen prices *cough*
"Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
Post edited by infi321 on

Comments

• Options
    teekzaleekteekzaleek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    with both abilities that refresh the entire duration of stealth plus heroic and paragon nodes that increase duration of stealth i really don't think this is necessary

it's already possible to permastealth basically any solo encounter in the game with enough points into ap regen & stealth duration
  • Options
    nastyvixennastyvixen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Love the fun and "rogue feel" of this class. This will be my offclass from my main GF one. the rogue does NOT need more stealth at all. and to be honest the dps is too high. but the class is done near perfect.
  • Options
    zgbam1988zgbam1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    And id like to see more abillities added too. Why are some of the abillities in the Powers tab just upgraded versions at higher level? Thats bad design imo.

Anyway, by far funniest class I played during beta. I sure hope NW launches soon :)

I agree.Make some new abilities,and those u already have,their dmg scale with lvl anyway so I dont see a point in takin the same ability twice
  • Options
    lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    to atleast 10 seconds or make the stealth bar regen atleast twice as fast

and btw, please add more weapon choices...for example katanas, scimitars, short swords and maybe even long swords.

And id like to see more abillities added too.

Sure, they'll get right on that. Anything else?

:rolleyes:

We are already obliterating the other classes in single target dps and in PvP by a large margin. There's a daily available that gives you plenty of stealth over and above the norm. Don't hold your breath for weapons that are the bread and butter of other available classes; they will not be using daggers and dirks either.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Stealth is fine, i'd like more than 3 usable abilities. Dumbed down to the max. It's like having to create a different set for a different enemy.
  • Options
    jendrynjendryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    Stealth duration does not need to be increased in the slightest. If anything, it should be decreased.

I'd rather see more than three useful encounter powers for PvE content (those three powers being Lashing Blade, Shadow Strike, and Bait & Switch).
  • Options
    godofthornsgodofthorns Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jendryn wrote: »
    Stealth duration does not need to be increased in the slightest. If anything, it should be decreased.

I'd rather see more than three useful encounter powers for PvE content (those three powers being Lashing Blade, Shadow Strike, and Bait & Switch).

Let's not get all crazy here. Stealth is just fine - let's not haphazardly make comments about nerfing stealth. Stealth is exactly as it should be. Nothing to see here, Devs...the Trickster Rogue works just great...just move along...move along...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Stealth duration felt fine. Shorter and it would just be a quick annoyance. Longer and it would be too powerful.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    honzohonzo Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When you get your ability rotation down, it's not that hard to stay in stealth most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It only takes one candle to light a fire, and then the darkness is gone."
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    Not sure why the Stealth cannot be cancelled like the block ability for the GF and the Divinity for the Cleric. On Beta 3 not sure if it was lag but the Stealth refill abilities were hit or miss. I would us it and no refill then the next set of mobs worked fine. Had lots of lag this week end compared to last 2.
  • Options
    jendrynjendryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    wylie01 wrote: »
    Not sure why the Stealth cannot be cancelled like the block ability for the GF and the Divinity for the Cleric. On Beta 3 not sure if it was lag but the Stealth refill abilities were hit or miss. I would us it and no refill then the next set of mobs worked fine. Had lots of lag this week end compared to last 2.

The GWF class ability, Determination, works the same way. It cannot be canceled when it's activated. Part of playing either of these classes is knowing when to activate these class abilities.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    get to lvl 30 nad get the at will ability Gloaming Strike and you can be it stealth forever
    21.jpg
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    get to lvl 30 nad get the at will ability Gloaming Strike and you can be it stealth forever
    I thought Gloaming Strike was one of those Q, E, or R abilities and you get it at ~16-18 and its has an 11 second cooldown. What's the AT-Will ability do?
  • Options
    dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    glooming/gloaming strike is garbage late game, the animation on it is too long to be viable during big boss fights; biggest battle that comes to mind when i think of this is the pirate king's root/life leech attack. if you're stuck waiting for the animation to end and the king initiates his attack you're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dead.

as far as cancelling stealth, you can do this by activating any encounter ability that doesn't coincide with stealth; all of the rogue encounters have stealthed abilities yes, but only a few work with stealth to help you stay stealthed for longer periods of time. g strike is one of them but like i said before the animation on it takes too long in my opinion and will most likely get you killed. i personally stayed far away from it and used bait and switch instead to refill my bar, add some really good crit/power/recovery gear and the timer on bait and switch can be drastically diminished.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • Options
    number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sure, they'll get right on that. Anything else?

:rolleyes:

We are already obliterating the other classes in single target dps and in PvP by a large margin. There's a daily available that gives you plenty of stealth over and above the norm. Don't hold your breath for weapons that are the bread and butter of other available classes; they will not be using daggers and dirks either.
    ...I do wish they would change the name of those weapons. They're larger than my character's forearm and he's not a halfling, once they're larger than a forearm they stop being daggers and start being short swords. I've actually been noticing a trend in these games with so called daggers being freaking huge and in the realm of swords and it kind of annoys me.

Also, no, stealth doesn't need to be longer. Then again I use stealth primarily to add bonus damage and effects.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Found what you were talking about.
  • Options
    eiknaeikna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can extend Stealth by using skills. No damage skills. :(
    So you can run around and slash things with normal attacks in stealth or
    Use the fun ones that slices opponents HP like crazy and enlarges your peni...

So this is the choice at the moment.
    I like flashy games and like to use some SMASH buttons (I know - roll GWF, CW). But at the endgame you discard those skills and use efficient ones.

I vote for 10 sec stealth or more than 3 skills. GW2 put a limit to utility (10 skills), but this is too far.
    And Yes I would play the game even how it is now. Don't tell me what to do!
  • Options
    sirken2sirken2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    If you need MORE stealth your doing it wrong PERIOD.... I'm already piratically perma stealth at lv 12 ffs. I hardly used any pots the entire weekended cause nothing could hit me. if anything we need our stealth time hit I mean there is a reason greater invis is a high lv spell
  • Options
    reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    I just wish for "true stealth"... I tend to play rogues because I like skipping fights. When I'm running around in open-world areas and I have to travel back and forth between wildly distant map points, I'd rather be able to skip fighting the same group of mobs for the 50th time.

As such, stealth should be something you can go into and stay in ... but not enter in combat. We basically have a very short version of HIPS.

If you're worried about your dungeon having all the mobs skipped, just make "kill X mobs" part of the quest objective.

If there's ever a "suggest a paragon class" option, that would be mine - a class that lets me stealth full-time until I start combat, and then not at all (or maybe make my daily power a single-use HIPS to get away from a fight I didn't think all the way through).
  • Options
    number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reillan wrote: »
    I just wish for "true stealth"... I tend to play rogues because I like skipping fights. When I'm running around in open-world areas and I have to travel back and forth between wildly distant map points, I'd rather be able to skip fighting the same group of mobs for the 50th time.
    True Stealth, eh? You realize true stealth isn't you turning invisible and walking through a group of mobs. True stealth is avoiding them by using the shadows, and/or cover. I can already do that in the game.
    As such, stealth should be something you can go into and stay in ... but not enter in combat. We basically have a very short version of HIPS.
    So every bad stealth system that every mmo uses. At least this stealth system you can use more strategically. Wipe hate, extra damage, extra power effects, etc.
    If you're worried about your dungeon having all the mobs skipped, just make "kill X mobs" part of the quest objective.
    This suggestion is stupid. The game already has the "collect 20 bear asses" quests, now you want "collect 20 asses in the dungeon"?
    If there's ever a "suggest a paragon class" option, that would be mine - a class that lets me stealth full-time until I start combat, and then not at all (or maybe make my daily power a single-use HIPS to get away from a fight I didn't think all the way through).
    And we shall call the paragon class "the Sniveling Coward".

If you're going to play a rogue you need to MAN up and punch the biggest baddest monster you can find in the face!!
  • Options
    manahomanaho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let's not get all crazy here. Stealth is just fine - let's not haphazardly make comments about nerfing stealth. Stealth is exactly as it should be. Nothing to see here, Devs...the Trickster Rogue works just great...just move along...move along...

Agreed nothing to see here:)
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stealth is very tricky to balance between being powerful enough to feel cool and not so powerful that it's unfair. I think it's actually in a great spot right now. I much prefer the stealth model that allows me to stealth in combat to get more use out of it than the one where I can stealth out of combat, but then spend 5 minute boss encounters never touching the ability again.

It's such a defining feature that I prefer it to be powerful and frequent, but limited.
  • Options
    piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    I know it's not the same as playing firsthand, but from the gameplay videos I've seen the stealth duration is already insane. Like a few have already mentioned, if you play carefully it seems pretty easy to remain in stealth for 90+% of a fight. As a player coming from GW2, the land of Thieves that do just fine with 3s stealth abilities, that's nuts.

And katana? This isn't Bleach Online.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Play a lvl 50 TR in the Beta's and I have to say there is more than enough ways to keep your stealth up. There is no way that we need more that would do mental things to our dps and we would drown in the tears of the CW and GWF's, we are already waist deep , lets not push it.
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I tried a Rogue and I agree, it is a very good and fun to play class, I reached only lvl 8 though, am I the only one that I didnt find how he turns into stealth?
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So rogues actually stay stealthed while in combat in NWO???? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've hear in an MMO in a long time.
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    I tried a Rogue and I agree, it is a very good and fun to play class, I reached only lvl 8 though, am I the only one that I didnt find how he turns into stealth?

You don't get it until level 10, where it tells you how to use it.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hehe... this is funny thread becouse rogue can have perma-stealth in combat if properly specced :)

I am not rogue fan and played it only couple hours at 60 lv but learning mechanic is easy.
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1 to pump stealth regen and alos plx moar dps to TR skills, ty.
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    punk999punk999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    haha TR dont need anything they are fine at max xD just wait.

Shocking Execution is amazing at max ;) drop anybody lol.