test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server locations when the game is released

nepternneptern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I would really want some confirmation if there will be servers located in the Asia Pacific region when it is released. Playing with 300+ms ping can be a little unsatisfying especially when dodging at times:mad:

I'm sure many of us here in the asia pacific region share the same issue.
Post edited by neptern on

Comments

• Options
    loouuxloouux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah it would be very nice if we could have some servers in asia or even in australia
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited March 2013
    mogwai wrote: »

And what of Oceania? ie Australia, New Zealand, & surrounding regions?
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    scopeh1984scopeh1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guild Wars 1 had the best solution for this problem.

There were a group of instances on American servers, a group on European, a group in Asia, and some middle-ground international servers.

While each set of instances were hosted physically in different parts of the world, they were all linked to the main account server - so a player could simply move shard from European district 1 to American district 1 or Asia 1 to play with friends on the other side of the world and vice-versa - all in game without logging out. This meant that if you wanted the best connection possible you could always play on the servers for your continent, but still have the option of switching shards on demand.

Personally I want to see European server shards, simply so I have the best connection possible and so events can be thrown in my time-zone.

Also seperate role-play shards would be welcome - this is D&D afterall... Casual players and role-players wont exactly mix too well.

I have been an occasional role-player, and its pretty hard to do it well on a server when you have kids talking about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> each others mothers, and bragging about how they are uber geared and everyone else sucks..

It destroys the illusion a bit to say the least... Seperate shards for people only interested in the mechanics of play and winning, and seperate shards for those who want to play a D&D character and are interested in the story side of things please. It is ESSENTIAL