test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for pvp

acuster411acuster411 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I wonder are there any tactics using by you for pvp.
Post edited by acuster411 on

Comments

• Options
    stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Surprise Butt Secks.

Target a spellcaster (CW or Cleric)
    Wait for them to blow their cooldowns -> Surprise Butt Secks -> Vanish.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stormhammy wrote: »
    Surprise Butt Secks.

Target a spellcaster (CW or Cleric)
    Wait for them to blow their cooldowns -> Surprise Butt Secks -> Vanish.

How do you get near him?
    Are you using stealth or deft strike.
    If you are using stealth than how do you vanish?
    By the way that was good metaphor:cool:
  • Options
    quickkidquickkid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Started A rouge today got to 10 just before the servers went down.
    from stealth i was taking 1/2 of CW/Clerics HP
    You have a dodge if they dodge from you dodge to them
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    acuster411 wrote: »
    How do you get near him?
    Are you using stealth or deft strike.
    If you are using stealth than how do you vanish?
    By the way that was good metaphor:cool:
    Well, you have two rolls, a teleport that slows them, and a stun. Unless you're using them wastefully they shouldn't really be able to run away.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Roll, Throw knives. Roll, Throw knives. Poof behind them... Stun.. Roll.. Knives..

Its the same cycle and it's really really fun.
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, you have two rolls, a teleport that slows them, and a stun. Unless you're using them wastefully they shouldn't really be able to run away.

But i got just 3 power slot.

What should my chosen power should be?
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    acuster411 wrote: »
    But i got just 3 power slot.

What should my chosen power should be?
    I go stun on Q, that damaging slice ability on E, and teleport/slow R. Don't use decoy in PvP if that's what you're doing - it's useless.
  • Options
    zgbam1988zgbam1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It just depends how u play your char,if ur playin as a stealthy char u put skills that benefit from stealth if ur playin as crit type char u put skills that can take u to ur opponent quickly as teleport skill
  • Options
    pandadance24pandadance24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dazing strikeis really strong in pvp makes it so the can't do anything but run. lashing blade is really strong out of stealth so much dmg. i used bait and switch it wasn't that bad it taunts the other players to attack it and dose cues some confusion. and daft strike is all ways good for gap closing. as for daily's bloodbath and lurkers assault bloodbath for dmg and cant be hit when attacking and lurkers for dmg and keeping in stealth.
  • Options
    papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I use dazing,shadow strike, bait n switch. You can damage with sly flourish equal to 4 stealth meters. Shadow refils it, bait n switch refils it, dazing into duelist flurry, shadow refills it again. If you use lurkers assault you can stay stealthed the whole time
  • Options
    warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Here is a video that I made, when I went to PvP for the 1st time, so of course there are many mistakes, but was the best I could make that time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkPhDP4_5c
  • Options
    fafaleouffafaleouf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a cleric i pretty much get owned by any rogue in most 1 vs 1 as the same level. Thief class needs heavy balance or this game will end up with thieves all over the place.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    fafaleouf wrote: »
    As a cleric i pretty much get owned by any rogue in most 1 vs 1 as the same level. Thief class needs heavy balance or this game will end up with thieves all over the place.
    I sort of agree, but nerfing them would leave Wizards uncontested (they're already the best right now IMO).
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wizards own all i can fight any number of mobs untouched mostly in pve but pvp i tried to take down a couple of mages and bam time stop then bam that stun thing then something that just wiped me out gotta say theres some really talented teams out there whole time i couldnt move i was getting hammered by a GF and GWF which really put my health down great example of teamwork though but wizards really excell at pvp would be nice if we could interupt spell casters or even rogues doing their skills it would just add an element of skill
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013

^('-')
    This. If me know they had literally just blown their cooldowns (particularly the annoying push) me would teleport.
    If not, stealth ahead of time -> make them blow their push -> Teleport right back -> Attempt surprise buttsecks -> Toss knives & roll if too far.

Decoy in PvP be useless against competent players. At best, they'll only waste one attack.
    Tis still funny to troll the noobies with it though.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.