test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest Bug - The Hanging Tree

stereocyclopsstereocyclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I never got a chance to post this one while playing.

The quest in the neverdeath graveyard where you have to protect Mina while she performs the rituals (The hanging tree?). This one had a lot of bugs for me.

When the quest was assigned by the the Doomguide I was told to find someone named Mina. The quest trail did not come up - instead it displayed an error (Along the lines of "Can't find objective"). When I located her by the bridge the overhead text had a different name (title and last name). This may be why....

I completed the quest, defeated the last wave and looted the chest. No trail guide, and no exit portal appeared. I ran around a little, and ended up coming across Mina preparing the ritual at the second stop on the quest line. She proceeded to perform the rituals again, only this time each time a group spawned in response to the ritual they died instantly. This continued until we reached the end, at which point I was able to follow Mina to the exit.

I didn't see any exploit potential from the second bug, because there was no way to get any additional XP, and the chest was not lootable a second time. It was just confusing.

Hope that helps. Looking forward to the release.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by stereocyclops on

Comments

• frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This quest is a royal pain when doing it grouped. did it once solo as u described, and I had the same problem.

Grouped up, no one could complete each step. We had to leave group, talk to the npc's <loot chest> solo, and rejoin the group <before we got kicked from instance>

This quest is totally broken. Can not be completed in group mode.

Also, any quest that turns "red", showing I guess as a problem/bugged quest. My friends and I would zone back to protective onclave, zone back into the zone and most of the time this fixed it to "yellow" or working.

was annoying doing the solo content grouped getting tons of quests bugged "turning red" . we'd have to run back, zone, zone back run back to the npc. we spent quite a bit of time doing this. wasted hours clearing the 'red bugged" quests so we could continue.
  • sanshibbiksanshibbik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did this quest with no problems solo. her guide line worked, and all of the spawns functioned properly. I used honeybadger as a trickster rogue, and was mounted between objectives. Sometimes I pump z to make sure it hasn't bugged itself, but the quest circles were all intact.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this one confused the heck out of us too, trying to update the journal did nothing, however the contact information it gives you.. Mina.. the contact isn't actually labled Mina, its labled Acolyte Neyman ... only when you click on them does it give the full name of Mina Neyman, by the starting camp.