test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So... What's Next? Let's Capitalize on the Momentum! Strike whilst the iron is Hot!

wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was really hoping that a big "announcement" would come out at PAX East 2013... (release date maybe...:-P ) but - I since it's Early Monday Morning now, and I haven't heard anything - I'm guessing that didn't happen.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the momentum that has been built up from these Beta Tests will be put to good use.

I need me something to look forward to!

The Beta Weekend Events were great fun. I'm exited for more.

Thanks for letting me participate, I'm looking forward to seeing every one again!

zWolf / Wesgar.
Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wesgar on

Comments

• kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    yeah now its back to playing Fallout NV for me until founders get to play again. /sadpanda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    I too was hoping for some big news, it was hinted at from a few sources. But nothing ever came. :[

Oh well, we will always have the Soon™ marker.
  • bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a feeling they will announce it soon and throw in one more day of Beta.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will announce it soon and throw in one more day of Beta.

That would be great! ... or... roll out open beta, and let us play to our heart's content - no Character Wipes till Launch. :-)

(figured I'd toss out a few wishes, ya know?)
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since they haven't updated or added any betas to the list in over 2 months ... I think they were waiting to see how OBW3 went. Feedback/bugs/server load.

There are some game breaking stuff that should be addressed before launch, otherwise you have the headstart folks taking advantage of the situation and perhaps ruling the economy early. (or pvp with the 1,000,000 armor pen bug)

They also still have to address the powers issue. Only half of them scale to 60 and very few (new) are added as you level. I can handle a pool of 12 maybe, but all 12 should have L60 power to them ... (many people are like WTF a 'new magic missile' plz scrap that)

So much of it is ready, although the patcher/launcher needs to be overhauled. Waiting on a meg of data and the stupid thing still hasn't grabbed a packet with the game client version # .... got the ads though >.> Swear I sat there for 5 mins sometimes... let me launch the client by itself (u can but it never authenticates)

I think AD needs a final reworking. Pretty well every single thing you need uses that currency. I have never seen a PW game like that. Gold is pretty well meaningless. People have done the math, and some regular things take days/weeks/months to obtain within the game (and not a nightmare or anything, just regular stuff) My 750k lasted 3 days lol, and I didn't go that crazy with it. Pretty sure I earned 8k ....

Zen costs for pets/mounts and a dollar for a rune combiner is pretty far off. 10 bucks for a bag is pretty bad if its not account-wide. Again compared to other PW games it is much higher.
  • fuldryfuldry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20
    edited March 2013
    Seconded, what happens now ?
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2013
    I expected some kind of announcement from PAX East, but nada, and PAX is over already. :(
  • maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. I'm incredibly excited for this game now. I've been watching it like a hawk since its announcement (thanks to its name), and now that I've gotten to play it I'm totally in love.

I feel like I'm deprived of a new video game that's actually fun until this one releases. :P
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2013
    Just to put this in relation. Last weekend also had a double xp event in a certain other major mmo and I didn't log into it even once, because Neverwinter was more enjoyable in every respect.
  • nalfeshnanalfeshna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone plays EverQuest.
  • llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Curious how long until head start for founders or if they'll toss us another BW. Doubting that, but ya. I have played for 2 days and I was hooked. Great game, the economics are really questionable though. Like people have said Gold is worthless, should be able to use it in the auction at least. BUT this could be to prevent bots. You can't farm AD with a bot (I think?).
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... now that I've gotten to play it I'm totally in love.

I feel like I'm deprived of a new video game that's actually fun until this one releases... :P

That's me to a T.

every thing else is just kind of 'meh'.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nalfeshna wrote: »
    Someone plays EverQuest.

Someone *did*, at one time, play Everquest, and even Everquest 2. Not so much anymore, though...