test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric + Aggro = Guardian Cleric

stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Temple
Rawr.
& in case you were wondering, yes me tanked our way up towards the boss as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cx8ayKsxNs
darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
Hawk:Do this. closing thread
frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
Post edited by stormhammy on

Comments

• prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did you take the threat reduction feat? I did that same scenario with 0 aggro issues at level 22.
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    prunetracy wrote: »
    Did you take the threat reduction feat? I did that same scenario with 0 aggro issues at level 22.

Nope, no need. Me can literally tank everything.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
  • muppetz3muppetz3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sure at level 22, but you wont be able to later on.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stormhammy wrote: »
    Rawr.
    & in case you were wondering, yes me tanked our way up towards the boss as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cx8ayKsxNs

L23? Stop talking, you have no idea what's coming. Oh look everyone - he can dodge ONE mob at a time...:p
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    muppetz3 wrote: »
    Sure at level 22, but you wont be able to later on.
    babylon wrote: »
    L23? Stop talking, you have no idea what's coming. Oh look everyone - he can dodge ONE mob at a time...:p

Oh look, me can dodge half a dozen dungeon mobs + a boss at a time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXl-XRZz_PU

Also don't be silly, me know what's coming & it'll be easier (by release) especially since the Cleric aggro should be fixed by then & as me won't be using gear several levels lower than me.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    me know what's coming & it'll be easier (by release) especially since the Cleric aggro should be fixed by then.

The nerf (even if overdone) actually indicates a direction they're taking - they don't want a healing class - my guess is they want to balance endgame to use of the $15 hp stone sold in the store.

Most people, if they don't want to pay more than the cost of a sub for a f2p game ($15 a month, you'll use way more than one hp stone a month), should be worried by this.
  • pineappleghostpineappleghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh look, me can dodge half a dozen dungeon mobs + a boss at a time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXl-XRZz_PU

Also don't be silly, me know what's coming & it'll be easier (by release) especially since the Cleric aggro should be fixed by then & as me won't be using gear several levels lower than me.

As a level 50 cleric I can tell you, you don't know what's coming. There's one boss that's easier than the Blackdaggers in the game and he's the first boss in The Frozen Heart (Lvl 45) and he's easy because he spawns no adds, has no gap closer, and has long cast times on hi spell (a low damage line knock up).

Everyone else spawns nothing but charging stunning elites and archers. That's a lie the Abolleth Overseer at the end of Spellplague Caverns only spawns crowds minions on a small shrinking island. He's easy unless he bugs out and chooses not to resurface. But a good Control Wizard can handle all the adds. The actual boss does nothing but shrink the platform so there's nothing to kite or run from.
  • kaias2kaias2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dragon (dungeon lvl 37, don't remeber the name)...
    He spawns tons of adds and snare you so you can't run AND he is a caster, launching acids everywere, in case you're trying to escape.

cleric lifetime : 15s after the first heal...
  • prototypev103bprototypev103b Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The nerf (even if overdone) actually indicates a direction they're taking - they don't want a healing class - my guess is they want to balance endgame to use of the $15 hp stone sold in the store.

Most people, if they don't want to pay more than the cost of a sub for a f2p game ($15 a month, you'll use way more than one hp stone a month), should be worried by this.

I do not believe this will happen, it would only scare people away and hurt their game.
  • aesorian1aesorian1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The nerf (even if overdone) actually indicates a direction they're taking - they don't want a PURE healing class

Fixed that for you.

It seems to me that Cryptic want to kill off the Cure bot. Getting smacked down to <20% health and just spammed back to full isn't the way they want to go. To me it looks like Cleric heals & potions (at higher levels) are there to keep players patched up until they can get to a campfire to fully heal.

And you know what? I like it. Healers that can contribute more to the party than just support are a welcome change and hopefully will make it so they don't get cast aside later in the games life when other support classes get introduced.
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It would be nice if I was more wanted than a pot though. I feel so undesirable. :'( Knowing that this little pot has more purpose in other ppl's life than me... and if the ppl relied on me, they would die faster than with that stupid pot over there... *sobs* *takes off armor, throws self at boss, gets rushed by adds*

/RP'ing depressed cleric
    edited March 2013
    aesorian1 wrote: »
    Getting smacked down to <20% health and just spammed back to full isn't the way they want to go. To me it looks like Cleric heals & potions (at higher levels) are there to keep players patched up until they can get to a campfire to fully heal.

The cleric in BW2 wasn't a PURE healer already - clerics already just added to the mix in keeping the team alive...there was no need to do what they did, given heal potions also get less effective as you level, unless it's to make the game so punishing at later levels that we buy their stupid $15 health stone just to survive.

As for the self-heal nerf - clerics now have to pot far more than any other class in this game.
    aesorian1 wrote: »
    And you know what? I like it...hopefully will make it so they don't get cast aside later in the games life when other support classes get introduced.

Guessing you're going to just love endgame then - nobody will be playing one of those nasty clerics with the direction the devs are taking. Enjoy buying the health stone!
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    threat reduction feat only worked for a certain heal if you used any other heal the threat is still generated. I've tested it and I still got swarmed when I used my aoe heal. fact is heals should only generate threat if the monster that is agressive is attacking the TARGET you healed but the way it is now any heals at all generate instant threat even if your healing yourself nearby and the party members had the monsters on them.

the whole healing hate is messed up at the moment. especially when a boss taking 2 to 4k damage per second from the party decides that a healer that healed for 1k every 30 seconds is much more hated the scale of damage to healing threat is busted.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guessing you're going to just love endgame then - nobody will be playing one of those nasty clerics with the direction the devs are taking. Enjoy buying the health stone!

I sure as hell will still be playing a cleric end-game. I did not find any of the issues game breaking or did they lessen my love for the class. They certainly made it more challenging, but if I wanted an easy game then I have plenty of other options.

Do not misunderstand me, I do hope the devs make some changes to agro and I think the 75% reduction to self healing is a bit too extreme (50% stated on Righteousness is a lie), but I still thoroughly enjoyed my experience playing the cleric class. I rarely needed to use potions and when I used them it was almost always between combat to top myself off. I ended up having to delete many stacks of potions because I just had an over abundance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    in point it is a 50% reduction I tested this using my companion as i could heal my companion for a steady 600 health per 1 point single target heal and the heal did a constant 300 on me. every time i stacked an additional point i would gain another 600 on pet and 300 on me. most i could heal myself for was 900 with 1800 crits and pet got 1800 with 3600 crits. for healing myself it just got easier to use pots as my heals was useless on myself at higher levels.

the way they should fix this is have it so when your healing someone else you receive 50% of the heal back on yourself but when healing YOURSELF directly you get 100% of the effect. PvP players may whine about this but thats because they aren't building themselves for PvP and expecting to beat a cleric that is built for PvP (if your going to be a PvP player don't plan on playing PvE make 2 characters and build one for PvP if you wanna do that)

the real problem is the fact that the power stat isn't adding to healing and leaves a players heal stuck around level 25 which becomes a problem at level 50 when the level 30 potions are healing for more than you and generating NO threat when you use them.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did the same test on another player and had a 65% reduction in healing between the amount it healed on them and what was healing on me with Healing Word and Sunburst both tested. I am not certain why there is a discrepancy between what you were healing your companion for and what you were healing yourself for, but I had tested it multiple times and had the same 65% difference.

I also experienced the lack of power contributing to +healing, but it did contribute to + damage.

I completely agree something needs to be done with our ability to self heal. It was a running joke that the "healer" was the only one that was having to pop pots to stay topped off. I can see the unbalance in pvp, but they could do something like WoW did and make Righteousness change based on if you were in a pvp zone or a pve zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    an easier fix for pvp. for each of the other classes make a feat that adds the ability on a skill that removes healing buffs and adds a debuff making heals on that target only 10% effective for 10 seconds.
    problem solved in pvp.
    now you can boost the heals for pve side and not worry about pvp being OP because that class that doesn't get that feat isn't built for pvp and thats their fault.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
    edited March 2013
    Oh that is a great idea. That would be a good addition across the board I think and could even out the random teams. If a team has 3 clerics and your team has... 1 or if the game hates you... 0. This could be a much more even playing field.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    As a level 50 cleric I can tell you, you don't know what's coming. There's one boss that's easier than the Blackdaggers in the game and he's the first boss in The Frozen Heart (Lvl 45) and he's easy because he spawns no adds, has no gap closer, and has long cast times on hi spell (a low damage line knock up).

Everyone else spawns nothing but charging stunning elites and archers. That's a lie the Abolleth Overseer at the end of Spellplague Caverns only spawns crowds minions on a small shrinking island. He's easy unless he bugs out and chooses not to resurface. But a good Control Wizard can handle all the adds. The actual boss does nothing but shrink the platform so there's nothing to kite or run from.

As a former competitive gamer in numerous FPS and MMORPGs me can tell you that you be underestimating my power & that my anti aggro protocols be fully operational (Me purposefully dragged everything for those videos. The chat me had with Malus should've made it obvious me was playing around).
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.