test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most Played Class

fenixher0fenixher0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
Which class do you believe is most played so far and why?
Post edited by fenixher0 on

Comments

• ladyrainladyrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My opinion: At the current build, Rogue and Wizard are favourites, as they seem to be the most fluid in playstyle, which is exactly what the gameplay encourages. The two fighters are probably a tie, with GF having the lead at lower levels, but if people stick to GWF until at least level 20, they will start having fun with it as well. Clerics are just broken, low heals!!! (and why else would anyone want to play clerics?), aggro crazy with only average damage.
  • sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I saw mostly guardian fighters, great weapon fighters and wizards during weekend. Those two followed by Rogue and I think I saw one or two player clerics.

Guardian Fighters more common on low levels while GWF and rogues occasional sight around 20s. Wizards are all over so I picked wizard.
  • karone31karone31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the Group finder was realy slow cuz most people already play a dps/support class, if you went to the tower district for Cloak tower dungeon, you saw 7 out of 10 LFG shouts in that zone where Rogue or wizard.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    in the que i'd end up with me playing my rogue and 2 other rogues lol. Rogues are just too awesome not to play now, more variety in classes will thin that out though. Such as Ranger and Evocation style wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • biermondbiermond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im playing cleric and found out that their ae damage capability is actually very good. Heals arent supposed to be OP anyways, but from my opinion they do their job. Also note that every melee should pick cleric companion and cleric should pick guardian... Only one thing that bothers me is that at early lvl 16 dungeon, cleric pulls too much aggro. You dont even get the aggro reduce before lvl 18 or something, wich is absolutely nescessary for any group based quest.

Therr has to be a way to reduce aggro earlier, and guardians/two handed fighters need to have more effective taunts.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    biermond wrote: »
    Im playing cleric and found out that their ae damage capability is actually very good. Heals arent supposed to be OP anyways, but from my opinion they do their job. Also note that every melee should pick cleric companion and cleric should pick guardian... Only one thing that bothers me is that at early lvl 16 dungeon, cleric pulls too much aggro. You dont even get the aggro reduce before lvl 18 or something, wich is absolutely nescessary for any group based quest.

Therr has to be a way to reduce aggro earlier, and guardians/two handed fighters need to have more effective taunts.

my healing companion with my rogue always draws aggro, i could be ripping holes in their health bar and still can't get the aggro off her when she does one heal.... ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST DOESN'T BELONG HERE LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverghost12silverghost12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ladyrain wrote: »
    My opinion: At the current build, Rogue and Wizard are favourites, as they seem to be the most fluid in playstyle, which is exactly what the gameplay encourages. The two fighters are probably a tie, with GF having the lead at lower levels, but if people stick to GWF until at least level 20, they will start having fun with it as well. Clerics are just broken, low heals!!! (and why else would anyone want to play clerics?), aggro crazy with only average damage.

Ladyrain you right clerics heals is awfull i have been playing this class and i must say they need to adress this class or els it will not be usefull to the Group.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know, without even having to look at the poll, or the conversations, that it's trickster rogue. People like ninjas, rogue is the closest to a ninja. People like pirates, rogue is the closest to a pirate.
    edited March 2013
    yep i like rogue cause i played on in tabletop alot, and i played eq2 as a brigand so I like my rogues
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jezetjezet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is kind of hard to judge the most played class by these betas since most of the people are just testing the classes out, but in my opinion "Great Weapon Fighter" is going to be a highly played class. Just because of the nice aoe all the time (still in my opinion) and seems the be quite easy to grasp the skills on since beginning of the game.

I, myself, played quite a bit of both "Control Wizard" and "Great Weapon Fighter" and both of those seemed to be quite useful in their own way. GWF being the AoE basher and CW handeling the single targets and keeping those in control.
    Do or do not, there is no try.
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ladyrain you right clerics heals is awfull i have been playing this class and i must say they need to adress this class or els it will not be usefull to the Group.

Me can full heal competent rogues in about 10-20 seconds & maintain competent CWs at full hp perpetually at level 23.
    How is that not useful?
    ('-')

In case you were wondering, me has specced for battle heals.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    edited March 2013
    great avatar pic jezet, one of the best anime's of all time is Elfen Lied, but honestly i'd play the GWF more when they fix dmg and hitboxes for them, there is no way as my rogue i should overall pwn the GWF in every group i've played with them, they should out dmg me by at least 20-25% which it seems its opposite atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, GF seemed like the least played.
    Saw a metric ton of CWs & GWFs at lower levels.
    Saw a ton of Rogues all around....

Clerics seemed to be encountered in groups though, that was odd.
    Me would say Rogues were the most played.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Devoted cleric: Because your both the groups tank and healer!

what? that's not intended...?
    All kidding aside love the class and have played it since I've been able too.

I saw more GWF this beta than any other class, but its because its the new class and people are checking it out. I imagine on launch it will be GWF and Rogue that are the most played, because they have less responsibility in groups.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ive seen more wizards then anything else especially in pvp i had my client crash from an all wizard pvp session
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    ive seen more wizards then anything else especially in pvp i had my client crash from an all wizard pvp session
    Had a match like this. So much damage, so much kiting, so much CC.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I ended up playing the Rogue more often. Partly for the stealth, mostly for the single-target DPS potential. Pick my fights right and I could mow through everything in PvE without needing to use potions between rest zones. In a party with my guildmates (from STO) this became an even faster steamroll with some CW's and Clerics around and a GF for tanking.

Tried the GWF and while I liked its PBAOE, it required way too much potion chugging for my taste. I see that this encourages the player to go through the PvE content in a party with at least one healer, but it needs more work such as a little more survivability (less potion spamming plz, they're expensive!).
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ethoir wrote: »
    I ended up playing the Rogue more often. Partly for the stealth, mostly for the single-target DPS potential. Pick my fights right and I could mow through everything in PvE without needing to use potions between rest zones.
    ...? But I was picking my fights and I chuged potions all the time. Oh...wait...you were going after the softer targets, weren't you?

I like taking on the big things. Even in a party I'll go venture ahead a little (especially if everyone is fighting small things), find the biggest baddest looking monster and stab him in the back. Then do everything I can to stay alive while clearing as many adds as possible. Surprisingly I live through this.
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...? But I was picking my fights and I chuged potions all the time. Oh...wait...you were going after the softer targets, weren't you?

I like taking on the big things. Even in a party I'll go venture ahead a little (especially if everyone is fighting small things), find the biggest baddest looking monster and stab him in the back. Then do everything I can to stay alive while clearing as many adds as possible. Surprisingly I live through this.

Yes I was. I had to think like an Assassin when I had to solo some quests. This meant doing what I could to avoid the harder hitting mobs and pick on the small fries first so they wouldn't get in the way when I inevitably attack the big boys. And for that I always started off by using the knife throwing at-will power to draw the small fries away and anything that was part of their NPC group.

In a party I could afford to play the crazy lunatic and charge in head first. Having a Devout Cleric or CW and a GF or two made the "kill everything in sight like a psychopath" much easier. Even then I have to use a little tactics to make sure I save some fun for the rest of my party (and so I don't bite off more than I can chew). But this is a double-edged sword.

One time in BW3 I was doing a 3-player team for the level 18-ish spellplague quest and my party ditched for sleep (it was past 2 AM) and I had to kill those mobs alone. Boy that was a lot of ugly plague warped critters. The one time I had to chug potions like a madman as a Rogue.