test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ice Rays

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Library
First of all there is a bug sometimes connected with this spell going on CD i cast it but it does not show CD Timer.

Also Casting this Spell is kinda hard ... in the middle of combat targeting is hard. i do more dmg using my normal atacks then trying to cast Ice Rays.

Sometimes it does not dmg...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• hylebos75hylebos75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did you read the description of the spell? It will cast twice. Your first cast on a targeted enemy will mark it with a rune. The second cast on another enemy means it strikes both that enemy, and the one you marked with a rune, so both are hit. Or, you can cast it at the same enemy twice, once to mark it, and once more to make both rays hit it instead of choosing a second target.
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    hylebos75 wrote: »
    Did you read the description of the spell? It will cast twice. Your first cast on a targeted enemy will mark it with a rune. The second cast on another enemy means it strikes both that enemy, and the one you marked with a rune, so both are hit. Or, you can cast it at the same enemy twice, once to mark it, and once more to make both rays hit it instead of choosing a second target.

No, fauust01 is correct, there is a bug with its cooldown timer. It will occasionally show that it is available to use when it is not. Then when you try to use it and it issues an error, the cooldown timer shows.

The bug likely has something to due with the fact it does have to be cast twice to actually fire, but it is definitely a bug.

Also, I do agree that this power is quite lacklustre. It has a fairly high cooldown and does fairly low damage in line with Chill Strike even counting both rays. The only benefit it has is briefly stunning two enemies instead of just one.

Basically, I got this power, played with it for a while, then unslotted it. There are too many good powers vying for those three slots to justify using this, except maybe in PvP where the additional stun target could be valuable.
  • manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited March 2013
    Played with this ability only a little, seems quite underpowered...But like I said only played with it slightly.
  • yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    I just don't bother with this, Its annoying to use in a rotation, It takes to long to cast in any stressful PVP match and the damage itself is incredibly lackluster, a single MM cycle does nearly the same dmg
  • silverasilvera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Played a little too , seems underpowered and annoying to use in rotation.