test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric Feedback

wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I thought the Cleric was fun to play in Beta Weekend 2. In Beta Weekend 3 I became quite frustrated playing it solo.

I was burning through my healing potions faster than my Thief character. It also seemed like my attacks were queuing up. If a red circle of death appeared below me, I had to wait for another attack to finish up after the current one. By this time it was too late to move out of the circle. I was in my teens for level. I don’t mind if you let us click the next attack about 500 – 750 milliseconds before the end of the current attack. It just gets frustrating when you just slammed a potion and you know you are about to take a bunch more damage because you have to sit through another combat cycle.

When I hit level 15 I decided to buy the stone elemental companion. It did not really tank. It would attack 1 mob while the rest swarmed me. When I went to attack the weakest mob the companion would switch to that mob. I was trying to get the companion to tank the mobs that were taking my health down quick while I took out the minions. In some encounters I spent more time running around drinking potions than fighting.

Giving us a way to send the companion in would be good. Especially if it is supposed to tank. More control on what mob the companion is attacking would be good.
Post edited by wergonsmith on

Comments

• Options
    wakawikawakawika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    I completly loved the game, but two things really frustrated me:
    1 - Knowing that im praticly the tank in ALL dungeons since for some reason none can keep the aggro away from me.
    Everytime i was dungeoning, in party, even with a Guardian fighter aggro specc'd, i would get all the aggro.
    2 - This 50% debuff on self healing, wtf ?! So not just i gotta tank and heal the hole party with a weak@ss heals we have, but it only heals half on the person who is taking the whole damage (me) ? ...Pathetic.

Please fix this man, i see absolutly NO reason to have a Guardian Fighter (tank) on a party when im the one taking 80% of the damage...
    I'm always the top damaged player in the end of the dungeons, literaly a fact (since it shows).
  • Options
    saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited March 2013
    playing cleric i was top 2 in damages dealt, damages taken, most mobs killed in the dungeons i ran...... lol
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wakawika wrote: »
    I completly loved the game, but two things really frustrated me:
    1 - Knowing that im praticly the tank in ALL dungeons since for some reason none can keep the aggro away from me.
    Everytime i was dungeoning, in party, even with a Guardian fighter aggro specc'd, i would get all the aggro.
    2 - This 50% debuff on self healing, wtf ?! So not just i gotta tank and heal the hole party with a weak@ss heals we have, but it only heals half on the person who is taking the whole damage (me) ? ...Pathetic.

Please fix this man, i see absolutly NO reason to have a Guardian Fighter (tank) on a party when im the one taking 80% of the damage...
    I'm always the top damaged player in the end of the dungeons, literaly a fact (since it shows).

I see what you did, just a fast copy and paste? lol
  • Options
    wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did not get a chance to group this weekend so I do not know what the group experience was like.