test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Sacrilege!" (Compilation of issues with clerics thus far)

wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Temple
I'm just trying to compile a list of known issues bugs (real or perceived) with the cleric class.

So far:

1. Cleric aggro is a bit overwhelming right now.
2. Gear *seems* (to many people including myself) to have minimal effect on healing ability, though from what I can tell, spell damage does seem to improve with better gear stats. I'll need to remember to test this on the dummies tomorrow.
3. From post #3: "Self-healing too weak, cleric too squishy. Requires more heal potions more than a non-healer class."

Anyone else? :) Post away! Not about OP'ness or balance or other debatable stuff like that... I mean actual honest-to-goodness glitches.
Post edited by wolfsong84 on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    No resurrection spell.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Self-healing too weak, cleric too squishy. Requires more heal potions more than a non-healer class.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • wolfsong84wolfsong84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As far as the resurrection spell goes, it seems that the game design is for a teammate to come rushing to the aid of the one who just died as they're calling for help.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The only gear that really helps my healing is +crit. Power is doing absolutely nothing for my healing, regardless of what it says on the character screen. I also have issues with astral seal 'sticking' to mobs. Half the time I cast it on a mob the particle effect goes off but then dissappears and the mob does not have the debuff on their health bar requiring me to cast it again. Add its paulty healing (3-5 with at will, up to 35 with a daily) and it is near useless when soloing.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • gargadon3gargadon3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Impending doom is bugged (doesnt reset when enemy is killed by it and doesnt grant any AP (not sure if it even reduces enemy defence)
  • joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited March 2013
    On your #2, try doing a 'recovery'+'power' cleric (with the runes, and don't be cheap) .. recovery decreases the cooldown times of your healing skills (heal more) and power increases the amount of the heal. You can also do a recovery/crit build which I think might be way more effective from my testing with all the gear I was playing with. The trick is the runes though.. At one point I had my recovery around 1400 and I could just spam all my skills all over, then I balanced it out with power and I did better damage but about the same amount as spamming overall... then I did with recovery/crit (each around 800+) and things started to be noticeable because the proc-heals off damage are also good.. So, I would disagree that equipment has little to do with it.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Recovery is best scaling stat, then critical. Armor pen if you are going more dps route.

Weapon, spell rank and feats are the other major influences to spell power (heals and dps)

Always try and have a good weapon above all other gear