test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue at-will autofires

randomactof1337randomactof1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have a rogue at lvl 15. Whenever I have an ability equipped in the at-will #2 slot it autofires and doesnt stop. The start of autofire differes, with one ability its when I have fired it once, the other if starts as soon as I equip it. Can I fix this?`How?
Post edited by randomactof1337 on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I have a rogue at lvl 15. Whenever I have an ability equipped in the at-will #2 slot it autofires and doesnt stop. The start of autofire differes, with one ability its when I have fired it once, the other if starts as soon as I equip it. Can I fix this?`How?

Shameless bump. Does really noone have this problem or a solution? Btw, where does the game save keybinds, video and audio settings?
  • Options
    valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can find the keybindings within the options menu, First tab I believe.

Sounds like a bug .. Or something wrong with any third party binding software you might be running. I'd try and see what happens when you unbind the right mouse button. You might be able to troubleshoot around the issue.
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for your reply mate.

Yes I know where to find out the keybindings but they are prone to be saved somewhere and I cant find them. Serverside maybe?

Not running any bindsoftware and I have tried to bind it to another key, same issue.
  • Options
    tedebearnctedebearnc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can manually save them with the following command:

/bind_save_file mykeys.txt

It will save them to a file called mykeys.txt or whatever you want to call it in your game folder. You can load it again by using:

/bind_load_file mykeys.txt

You can use this to copy keybinds between characters without having to manually bind each key.

If you've made changes to your binds you may try saving your binds, clicking on the "Load Defaults" to reset everything then loading them again and see if that helps. If you haven't changed anything maybe loading defaults will fix it.
  • Options
    captainkraynecaptainkrayne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a similar problem recently. I traced it to a binding problem with the At Will buttons. I had initially changed them to two other buttons on my G300 mouse, because I was expecting to be able to use the left and right buttons together to run instead of keeping W pressed. When I found out that there was no way to actually set the two buttons together to be my run button, I switched the At Will bindings back. However, that was when my At Wills started autofiring.

After reverting to the default bindings, I found my error. When I set the At Wills back to the left and right buttons, I had selected Left Click and Right Click. The defaults are Left Press and Right Press. I'm not sure what the difference is between a click and a press, but having them set to press instead of click fixed the autofire problem.