test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can reconnect but characters deleted?!

nightkat1989nightkat1989 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As the title says. Reconnected to dragon and my level 11 controller is gone. What is going on?
~Peace, Love, Harmony.~
Post edited by nightkat1989 on

Comments

• delornedelorne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem with mine, I logged out last night after a crash, came on today... no character. Then the game brought me to the login, now it's back
  • xh3llscreamxxh3llscreamx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah mine is missing too, and it says create new character :(

lvl 10 tiefling rogue is gone :(
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Granted, this is beta, but to lose my L25 Cleric is not exactly what I call good advertising on PWE/Cryptic's part for this game. lol

The option to create a new character is missing as well.

I think they are having server issues or the server aka shard has crashed.

Really wanted to continue playing this afternoon since I have NO DESIRE to log into WoW. lol

I guess I'll try checking back later & see if I can log into the game w/ my character intact.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    This is a known issue and your character is not actually gone.

Servers act funny under extreme load, which is the point of today's test.
  • amberevalissaamberevalissa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They are not deleted, same thing happened to me, i cancelled it and it went back to the log in screen with a random string of numbers and letters in the user name field. after re-inputting my info, my character was there
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    manzorian wrote: »
    Granted, this is beta, but to lose my L25 Cleric is not exactly what I call good advertising on PWE/Cryptic's part for this game. lol

The option to create a new character is missing as well.

I think they are having server issues or the server aka shard has crashed.

Really wanted to continue playing this afternoon since I have NO DESIRE to log into WoW. lol

I guess I'll try checking back later & see if I can log into the game w/ my character intact.

You're having this issue now...so that you DON'T have this issue during live. That's what beta is for, to work out the bugs.
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    epixcomix wrote: »
    You're having this issue now...so that you DON'T have this issue during live. That's what beta is for, to work out the bugs.

Same thing here. After getting the Login Timeout errors I ended up on the char select screen looking at the note on the bottom: "You have 0 of 0 characters used". I have two characters... Then it kicked me. Second time this showed up in today's login hiccup period, I logged out from that bugged char select. Now every time I log in, it says the same thing: "you have 0 of 0 characters used". I doubt it deleted my characters, but more like the load is so extreme that the login server can't communicate with the character server.
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    You're going to lose your character anyway, why does it matter?

Also this is beta. Things like this happen. If it even did happen. Chances are we just can't access character data because the servers are gone. Give them some time.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe, maybe not. But the point is the servers just came down for maintenance. The issue happened prior to that. The login and character servers may not be communicating properly, because people in my guild on TS were aying they were still in the game up until the game admin shut it down to look at the problem.