test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CRITICAL: Can log into NWO main login fine, can't reach character server

sirtex8sirtex8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just a few minutes ago, I tried to get someone form a party together.
1) /invite _charname_ did not work at all; no failed warning nothing.
2) friends list/right-clikc/"invite to party" did not work either

So I closed the client, then restarted NWO. Logged in fine, loaded fine, but when it came to character loading ("Retrieving list of characters..."), it would fail every time (6 times in row, including after this post). "Time out during login", though I can log into the main login server.

Once it would let me start a new character, but did not load my old one.

Seems the character server or the server-link is down. I guess the servers can't handle the "stress test"?

Edit: seems there are other threads that people complain about not loging in, though few if any posts state that they can login the main program, but not be specific in saying they can not retrieve characters, or the related can't join a party issue.

cheers & ty
Post edited by sirtex8 on

Comments

• Options
    kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    I can also logon, but have no characters to select from and currently have 0 out of 0 character slots used.
  • Options
    azurie1azurie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    there is already several other topics about this please do a search to keep from repeating threads ty
  • Options
    memorydoommemorydoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having a similar issue. It times out during login, and the one time I got to the character select screen it would not show my characters, and would not even let me try to make new ones.
  • Options
    maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    Same issue. If I do manage to connect without timing out, then my character list is blank, although I also don't have the option to make new ones (I had 2 characters anyway, so that may have something to do with it).
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
  • Options
    malagajmalagaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Love when people make same posts over and over. There was like whole lot of these already.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    malagaj wrote: »
    Love when people make same posts over and over. There was like whole lot of these already.
    At least my post is much more specific & constructive than your enlightening whine ;)
  • Options
    leakile68leakile68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    The servers will be back up in about 20 min. Just posted on the login screen!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    leakile68 wrote: »
    The servers will be back up in about 20 min. Just posted on the login screen!!
    Cheers!
    & someone posted their cust svc responce email; was nice of them: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?97831-You-can-stop-posting-about-Timeout-During-Login-Now