test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Closing With No Game Startup: Fully Patched

jrchangjrchang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have no problems logging into the launcher, yet when I press Play, the launcher just closes and nothing happens. I check the task manager and fail to see any processes regarding the Neverwinter client/game. This is making it impossible for the game to be played/tested.

The server status has been red ever since the beta servers started up.

I have tried running the game as administrator, but there seems to be no difference as the game still fails to start up.

I notice that while it says patching and then completed, the button still says Cancel. Once i move my mouse, the button changes to the word Play. Not sure if this matters or not.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by jrchang on

Comments

• Options
    lollybearlollybear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting the same EXACT SAME thing you're getting. It's extremely frustrating, because nothing I do will make the game show. I don't get any error codes or anything, when I click "play" after it finishes patching or even when Fast Launch is checked, it closes out and no game pops up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Anyone have any idea?
  • Options
    aeysaeys Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem, and it shows the servers are down, but its a "known problem" but i havent seen anything on what PW is doing about it.
    "It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    miridormiridor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same problem here... launcher runs smooth, but game doesn't start...

OS = Windows 7 64bit
  • Options
    warshadewarshade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so still nothing on this problem?? or no solution for it ?
  • Options
    warshadewarshade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok if anyone have this problem u just have to resintall the game toa different directory
  • Options
    lordarchlordarch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warshade wrote: »
    ok if anyone have this problem u just have to resintall the game toa different directory

lol :)
    maybe simply play in game which actually works? I admire all those kids who pretend do not see obvious bugs in so called "modern" games. 95% of those games have critical bugs and doesnt work as intendent but kids anyway accept them and explain lack of programming skills of developers as ..."game is complicated.....thats why developers are allowed to sell/realese game which doesnt work" .Of course in case of neverwinter it is a free game so.... who cares about bugs, you simply can change the game....